1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default reset in call?

Recently I've met automatic reset during a call several times. Anybody have this?

Is there any app or method to find out which app caused the reset?

I've been using dialer one for months, only recently the problem appear, so I'm not sure it's caused by dialer one.

I just defrosted the voice dialer in case it is related.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Re: reset in call?

One would naturally thing the problem that you are having is due to an app. I had a problem with my evo 4g. It started dropping calls after 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes into the calls (I was in a good 3g coverage area). While I did not have alot of apps, probably 10-12 on my phone at any one time, one of the apps must have been causing the problem. Here is what I did to resolve the problem. I did a factory reset. I know this may not be popular, but it solved the problem. I never did figure out which app was causing the dropped call issue with my evo 4g, however, when I had to completed the factory reset, I decreased my apps down to about five (which was really all I needed anyway) and never had any more call issues. I am currently using the LG Marquee and have not experienced your issue. In order to do a factory reset on this phone: Settings; Privacy; Factory Data Reset. I may be incorrect, but I hope this helps. BTW, the voice quality/clarity on this phone is geat.

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

That's weird. Sounds like a setting or something gone awry.
    I think a hard reset might be a bit harsh, but if it does the trick that's great too. I'd try taking the battery out and leaving it for a while before putting back in- if we had a proper recovery working, I'd say clear the cache. But for now, I guess we have limited options.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Thanks, maybe have to try factory reset if the problem continues.
    I sure don't have the problem in the first month. It could be some app updates, but it's difficult not to update apps...

I'm getting random resets (both in call and while not calling).

I have no idea what it causing this. It's frustrating. I'd rather not do a hard reset to find out what it may be but don't know what else to do.

glad to see this was brought up. Had this problem for the 1st time about 2 weeks ago on my Marquee...but I couldn't recreate the issue so I figured it was a simple glitch. Then over the weekend it happened 3 different times with my wife's Marquee. Seemed to happen once a call was connected a few seconds later the screen went blank, bottom led's started flashing.

I would also lean toward it being a problem related to an app....unfortunately just not sure which one...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

My problems were exactly the same. Screen went blank, bottom led started flashing, after 1 minute the launcher appeared, SD card was prepared, etc.

It should be a partial rest, because a full reset will take much more time. I'm wondering if there is any tool to log the error caused the reset?

I've been remove apps installed one by one:
    GO Launcher changed to zeam launcher
    limit the call log of dialer one to 7 days, because I was thinking maybe my call log was too long.

But the problem just appeared again today, which made my wife mad.
    I went one step further to remove the Titanium backup, defrosted all the sprint bloatware I used to frozen.
    The next step will be factory reset, but I only have some essential apps right now...

Quote Originally Posted by nosajsam View Post
    glad to see this was brought up. Had this problem for the 1st time about 2 weeks ago on my Marquee...but I couldn't recreate the issue so I figured it was a simple glitch. Then over the weekend it happened 3 different times with my wife's Marquee. Seemed to happen once a call was connected a few seconds later the screen went blank, bottom led's started flashing.

I would also lean toward it being a problem related to an app....unfortunately just not sure which one...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I did a little search, it seemed to be a wide spread bug in many android device and versions.

And it's typically google: lots of complains on most critical function, but no fix for years. Last time when I checked the google calendar data loss problem, it was still not solved either.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Yesterday I had another reset in call. I installed aLogcat before, so this time I saved the log file.
    I attached the log file here. But I'm not sure if the log really only started after the reset...

alogcat.2012-01-26-18-06-31-error.txt
    this one was generated right after the reset, but I didn't know how to turn on time display at that time.

alogcat.2012-01-27-00-00-52-warning.txt
    this one was generated later at night with time displayed. It's a log on warning level.

alogcat.2012-01-27-00-03-07-info.txt
    this one was generated later at night with time displayed. It's a log on info level.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey I've had this Marquee since December and I've had this problem as well. It seems pretty random and has happened about 3 or 4 times. I am on a call and then I realize I can no longer hear the other person. I look down at the phone and see the menu buttons flashing and the phone does a reboot.

So far I can't see any pattern to it as I get/make plenty of calls with no issues and then this rare reset occurrence takes place.

It doesn't sound like anyone knows how to really debug the problem.

I am still experiencing random resets, unfortunately on both mine & my wife's marquee & more frequently.

I am starting to wonder if it has something to do w/ the proximity sensor. My reason for this thought is a phone reset never occurs when using a bluetooth only when holding the phone.

I shut off my proximity sensor yesterday (settings/call settings/uncheck proximity sensor) & will report back the results.

so, its been 5 days & NO resets whatsoever on either phone.

with that said, I heavily leaning toward the theory that the proximity sensor is causing the problem.

I will continue to follow up.....