Help on rooting my Sprint LG Marquee.

Th4dd3689

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I want to root my LG Marquee from Sprint and it won't let me. I have no idea why and I've tried to root it 3 other ways. I was thinking it was because of some security update but I'm not sure. I went to this video link on YouTube -----> How to ROOT Boost Mobile LG Marquee - YouTube and it shows you how to root it but when it says "sending 149 Zerglings" it then keeps saying "trying new path" about 4 or 5 different times and finally says "Zerglings did not leave interesting stuff." and then says it failed to copy some other stuff. can someone please tell me what is wrong because i have no clue why it wont root my phone. i have also tried "Unlockroot" and it says "failed to get shell permission" so that didn't work. please help me. Thank you :)

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tryed to root the phone after the latest update? When i bought mine it had the update on it, at first i really didnt care about rooting but now i want the tether for free and would really appreciate it if anyone has instructions on how to root with the latest update! Thanks in advance!

goducks3620

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
still don't need to root to tether, even after the update. Assuming you have a different Launcher (I use Launcher Pro,

create a new launcher item for activities->com.lge.hiddenmenu->LG Hidden Menu(.LGServiceHiddenMenu_Settings)

select "Data Settings" and then the DUN NAI setting

tether should then work fine. You will have to change the DUN setting every time after you have turned off your phone, but it works. I have that shortcut and a tether one on one of my home screen pages.

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
still don't need to root to tether, even after the update. Assuming you have a different Launcher (I use Launcher Pro,

create a new launcher item for activities->com.lge.hiddenmenu->LG Hidden Menu(.LGServiceHiddenMenu_Settings)

select "Data Settings" and then the DUN NAI setting

tether should then work fine. You will have to change the DUN setting every time after you have turned off your phone, but it works. I have that shortcut and a tether one on one of my home screen pages.
I installed launcher pro and done the lg hidden menu and found the DUN NAI setting but still dont know what app to use for tethering? also dose the DUN NAI setting have to be on yes or no? Thanks for the help!

goducks3620

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
DUN should be No.

Use the native tethering in Android: Settings-->Wireless & Networks-->Tethering & Portable Hotspot--->Check the box to turn it on.

Your cell# is the "network password" when you connect your laptop or whatever. The network will be called LGsomething.

trevtop

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and I have USB debugging on. I didn't have Allow Mock Locations on however although I did have Unknown sources checked under Application settings. Any help? All I'm really trying to do is use this Sprint LG Marquee on my Boost account.

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
DUN should be No.

Use the native tethering in Android: Settings-->Wireless & Networks-->Tethering & Portable Hotspot--->Check the box to turn it on.

Your cell# is the "network password" when you connect your laptop or whatever. The network will be called LGsomething.

I probably should have mentioned this before but i have the boost mobile version of the phone and i dont have the tethering & portable option, is there a good app i can download that can make it a hotspot with out root. As of now there is no root for the marquee with 2.3.4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781