Power Button Won't Work

Julipuff

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I recently dropped my LG Marquee in water, after drying it in rice, it was working perfectly. A day later the power button started acting up. I had to press it several times for it to work, but now it's even worse, it rarely ever works. Another problem that may or may not be related, is that the phone won't charge completely. It gets up to 99%, and stops there. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I feel like it's worth mentioning. Please, I really don't want to have to get a new phone, is there any way I can get it to work on my own? And without rooting?

p1emtangel

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
i kno i'm kinda late with a response (ha) but my power button only works once in a blue moon. i put an app on mine, i think called screen control or screen off...where i can shake my phone to wake it up.

dishe

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
With rooting, you can reassign the buttons so that, for example, the camera key would be your "power".

I almost did this myself, as my Marquee's power button was also starting acting up after a relatively minor water mishap (left on the kitchen counter after a cup spilled).

However, thankfully, I managed to open up the phone with a tiny phillips head screwdriver, take out the power button and clean off some of the gunk that had formed around it over time (its amazing how much pocket lint and dirt finds its way in there). After reseating the power button, the problem appears to have corrected itself. I'll stick around with this phone a bit longer now. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital