1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    stock ics

Default Is this phone getting ice cream sandwich or no

I was eondering since the optimus black in canada is not gettin ics and the marquee is a optimus black variant is it still gonna be getting ics i mean it has the specs to run it so is it gonna get it

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default Re: Is this phone getting ice cream sandwich or no

From what I have seen..no...but if you give them time...some folks over at androidforums.com are working on a custom 4.0 ROM from CM9.....see the following...

Thanked by:

Deffinatly check out that forum. Has alot of great developers. Give it a test. Few minor bugs. But nothing major. If ur not picky about camera or vibrate (front cam works). Lets get this show on the road. Glad to see so much going on in these forums. All the community support for android. Lets us get away for a little wile from the stuff join on in the real world. Peace and love

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Android Central Forums
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

It would be great if some version got an official ics, that would make fixing things so much easier. But for now we have a working ROM. I'll create a thread here soon, maybe tomorrow.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Im pretty sure the marquee is getting ics it definitely has the hardware, and its sprints direct clone of the black.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Im pretty sure the marquee is getting ics it definitely has the hardware, and its sprints direct clone of the black.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    As far as I am aware, both p970 and p930 have ics but neither marquee nor spectrum have it. Don't know about anyone else but my hopes are diminishing.

I've made ics for the marquee and working on jb. Also working on ics for the spectrum, then jb soon after. I love taking advantage of the similarity of the gsm and cdma models.