Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Updating older LG Marquee LS855 w/o service.

We used to have Sprint service on a couple of LG Marquee cell phones, but now my wife uses hers much more as a tablet, as there is no active service on it. Things were fine for a while, but now.....it's slow, it crashes constantly, and even though it's 4 inches away from an Asus AC1750 Gigabit WiFi router, it says it's out of range. Any way I can maybe root this thing, and get it running a better version of Android or just make the damn thing a bit more stable for her? I really don't feel like buying her a new tablet, and she's very adverse to "new tech". Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

BTW, I'm very good with tech, but I have almost no interest in smart phones, or tablets. I have several Samsung Tablets that all work just fine as is. You want to build a ridiculous gaming rig, or some PhotoShop Super Machine? I'm your man, and I even have my own version of Windows 7, so I'm not tech ignornat, I just know NOTHING about phones and such.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Updating older LG Marquee LS855 w/o service.

OK, so screwing about with the settings on my router seems to have got this silly thing recognizing the router, but it never gets past Authintacation.......please help.