Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By li2327
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts

Default Battery Life Sucks

Battery life TOTALLY sucks....

Man. That's been pretty frustrating. Between that and the constant problems I have connecting to Sprint towers as they do upgrades around here, and I'm pretty frustrated with this phone half the time....

I have to carry a charger around with me, and take any opportunity to plug the phone in I get. It's pretty horrendous. No way I could get through the day with the thing and actually....uhm....USE IT.

I went to a conference last weekend, and had to charge the thing a couple times a day. I did buy a really high amperage charger (the blackberry blade charger 1.8a), which has helped...at least when it charges, it CHARGES. but....I'm pretty frustrated that I have to worry about this at all.

I came from a Blackberry, which didn't look as nice, but damn if the battery didn't last all day. ALL FREAKIN' DAY, even if I used it pretty heavily....

*le sigh

-Stephen

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Default Re: Battery Life Sucks

I find that battery life when on Wifi is outstanding, battery life on 3G is notably crappy. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Hello. I'm a Sprint Epic 4G User getting frustrated with the lack of an updated Samsung QWERTY smartphone and have been eyeing the Photon Q. Any update on the battery performance? Is there a noticeable decline in battery life as the Photon gets older? My biggest worry is the Photon's non-replaceable battery. As a Road warrior, the $25 double packs of aftermarket 1800mAh batteries for my Epic 4G really come in handy when I don't have access to a charger. I really gotta have a QWERTY keyboard and the lack of internal memory on the Epic 4G is starting to cause me real problems. Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by daehttub View Post
    Hello. I'm a Sprint Epic 4G User getting frustrated with the lack of an updated Samsung QWERTY smartphone and have been eyeing the Photon Q. Any update on the battery performance? Is there a noticeable decline in battery life as the Photon gets older? My biggest worry is the Photon's non-replaceable battery. As a Road warrior, the $25 double packs of aftermarket 1800mAh batteries for my Epic 4G really come in handy when I don't have access to a charger. I really gotta have a QWERTY keyboard and the lack of internal memory on the Epic 4G is starting to cause me real problems. Many thanks.
    If I'm on wifi and I'm just texting, emailing, listening to music it last forever. As it is I have spent hours reading books, browsing webpages, using flipboard etc and it might go down to half and thats with constant background syncing. I can leave unplugged all night with wifi and gps still on and occasional syncing and its no more than 20% down.

However if you're searching for signal or have weak 3g forget about it. I actually get really good battery life when I get strong 4g.

For some reason I'm still very interested in trying out this phone. I haven't had a phone with a keyboard in awhile. It has a nice look. HTC EVO phones have terrible battery life so I'm use to having a charger near by.
    Capostatuz913 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    For some reason I'm still very interested in trying out this phone. I haven't had a phone with a keyboard in awhile. It has a nice look. HTC EVO phones have terrible battery life so I'm use to having a charger near by.
    I had the original photon 4g and that thing had horrible battery life. I have never had a phone with a keyboard besides blackberrys so I don't really like the keyboard just because its so different but it is nice and easy to get used to. That and I have dropped this thing tons and not a problem.

The first day I had this phone I started the day at 6:00 with a full charge and by the middle of the afternoon I was down to 1% remaining. I have a poor signal at my desk so I attributed that to the short battery life. However the next day I was still around 70% at about the same time. I had changed some of the settings to conserve battery so I think it worked at least somewhat.

Is getting one of these: Browse Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Backup Batteries - ShopAndroid the only real option if I'm going to be out in the field (literally) away from a charger power source? I have never seen these before so am assuming that when my phone battery gets low I plug the backup battery into the port (and leave it plugged in like an external power source) and it hopefully gives me power enough to make it through long enough to get back to a charger.

Also, I was told by the Sprint store manager, in whom I don't have full confidence, that when the battery no longer works the phone will have to be replaced. Are there battery and charging management practices that will contribute to long-term life of the battery? What I'm talking about are things such as used to be said about ni-cad and/or alkaline rechargeable batteries. Things like not keeping it on the charger after it's up to 100%, full discharge as compared to repeated partial discharge etc.

I doubt motor ola will release a replacement phone this year or ever..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2