When photon q will or even get jelly bean(4.1)

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Some changes:
google search bar is not transparent anymore
new font for the notification bar
google now on by default
os runs faster
180 meg file
no problems yet.

Will report more

dlottig

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Judy, I did that several times. I did get this resolved. I had to reboot the phone and go into safe mode. Unplugged USB cable from PC. Removed Motorola Device Manager software on PC. Reinstalled Motorola Device Manager. Plugged USB cable back in to PC. Noticed PC was loading drivers for phone. Phone started charging but could not access files via PC. Rebooted phone in recovery mode. PC loaded more phone drivers. Still could not access files from phone. Rebooted phone and let it go into normal mode. PC loaded more phone drivers. I was then able to access files on phone and phone was charging via USB again. All this was done on my work PC. Got home had same problem. Removed Motorola Device Manager software. Unplugged USB cable from PC. Rebooted PC. Installed Motorola Device Manager again. Plugged USB back in to PC and it started charging and I was able to access files on phone.

Capostatuz913

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Oh just a heads up before installing the update, take out the sd card . I dont got it yet jb but the motorola on facebook someone posted that the sd card got damaged... just to avoid the hassle just remove it just in case

Sent from my XT897 using Android Central Forums

kstandish42

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Received my update this afternoon. Living in CT. So far the update has been very good, my only issue has been that the touch sensitivity while scrolling in the app drawer is greatly reduced, might just be my phone. Furthermore, one of the best tweaks that motorola has done to this update is that if you swipe right with no available home pages on the home screen it brings up a quick settings panel that can be used to tweak settings on the go. The update takes about 190 mb of space, but its well worth it.

cpagan2000

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have also noticed that now Bluetooth voice command for making phones calls no longer works properly with the new Google Now update. This freaking sucks.

yogi2000#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
couple other little things I've noticed about the JB update: everything is still dark-themed except the People app, which is now light, and the Phonebook tab seems to be missing from the Phone app. but overall it seems to run well.

JudyBaine

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I work for another carrier and they experienced the same issue with the voice command. Motorola said they had no intention of fixing it.

rpankoe

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I never got the OTA, so I just downloaded the file off the XDA site and loaded from external SD card via recovery. Working fine so far.

Posted via Android Central App

weirdherald

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
My Photon Q updated yesterday to 4.1.2 and it went well. It came in via OTA and prompted me update. No problems to report. I didn't remove the SD card; no problems there either. Not as many changes as I had expected (hoped for). I'll need some time to see if there are any adverse effects. Speed and battery about the same, nothing noticeable anyway. I'm looking forward to digging into the update changes when I get some time. As for regular daily use, nothing major is different for me.

cpagan2000

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It seems like this update has brought about quite a few bugs which I have already posted too but now it seems like the speaker phone performance has been degraded. Hate Motorola phones, will never buy one again.

JudyBaine

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
So it may be happening...finally! I did a factory data reset and updated software and finally got something!!! More once it finishes.