Vibration works intermittently
So I just bought a Photon Q less than a week ago and so far I can say that I love this phone. Easy to unlock the bootloader and quickly rooted and running CM 10.1 But the problem comes in when I realized that the vibration motor decides to stop working every now and again, and a flick or tap on the back of the phone gets it to work again. I've also noticed that possibility after it sits for a good while (lastly not working), sometimes it'll decide to work upon receiving a text. I got it off of eBay and fortunately the seller accepts returns but has a 10 percent restocking fee. But I don't know if I should just pay it and get another (or different phone altogether that's reasonably priced.. S3 maybe? ) or just tolerate the fact that the vibration works maybe 80 percent of the time. Whatever the case, I've quickly been spoiled by LTE, coming from an S2 where I never got 4G wimax service. Any suggestions?
Sent from my XT897 using AC Forums mobile app
- 08-19-2013, 09:10 PM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: Vibration works intermittently
My Photon Q does the same thing. When it first started to fail I noticed it just felt somewhat weak. Then it started not working at all, tapping on the back around the area of the motor (just above the speaker) sometimes got it working again for a short time. Now when it does work it still feels weak and sometimes doesn't work at all. Or it will vibration for a split second and stop before completing the whole pattern.
- By AndysProfile in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 2Last Post: 11-11-2013, 12:25 AM
- By yvehs in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 3Last Post: 08-30-2013, 05:47 PM
- By asscancer in forum Sprint HTC OneReplies: 30Last Post: 08-04-2013, 04:45 AM
- By Anonne in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 4Last Post: 08-01-2013, 05:36 PM
- By krighton in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 07-31-2013, 03:21 AM