Big Battery = Big Game Changer

Even4steven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay, my wife did it first and got the Seidio 3500mAh extended battery for her Nexus4G. This is her first android phone and she was disappointed in the battery and the hassle of keeping it charged. She said to me ?The phone should be working for us, not the other way around?. After seeing how she could go all day without charging or worry, and I was still a charger addict, I grew envious. I ordered one as well. And I love it. I really do.

Yeah, it is a bit bigger and heavier-but it is WORTH it. I actually find the phone easier to hold because the new back is not slippery and you have something to hold on to. I use a side case anyway so carrying the phone is no different. You get used to it really fast.

What changed is how I use my phone. The phone will now REALLY last all day,(honest) and last the way I want. 4g, Google music, video and anything I want with no thought about ?Should I do this, I better check my battery.? I have always had a back-up battery for my EVO, but this is just better in every way; with no real downside for me.

Just wanted to share my experience and how this has really changed my relationship with my phone.
Steve

Reactions: TehMan

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I will probably end up ordering one of the 3500 for the phone, but i might try the 1750 first so i dont have to make the phone bigger then it already is. I personally like the way it feels in my hand without a case or anything on it.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I still think dual batteries is better. Although, my cheap external charger I got takes longer than it would to charge a extended battery... I always have one fully charged ready to go or one on the charger.

I need to find a better charger so when one goes it doesn't take 6 hours to charge the other. (Although that should be sufficient in normal use.)

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yikes ..

BACY35SSN2S-BK-5.jpg

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I will probably end up ordering one of the 3500 for the phone, but i might try the 1750 first so i dont have to make the phone bigger then it already is. I personally like the way it feels in my hand without a case or anything on it.

I ordered the 1850mAh Andida battery that I found on eBay (do a search for Nexus S 4G battery and it will show up) and I just got it today. I have read on here and XDA differing opinions, but there have been more positive than negative so I thought I'd give it a shot. On the downside, it can act as my backup if I don't wind up getting any add'l juice out of it.

Pros of the Andida vs. the Seidio is basically price. It was $22 vs. $45 and I didn't feel like spending $45 at this point.

I will do some tests and post if I notice a difference.

Also, does anyone know if I should do a battery settings reset when I start using the new battery? Does the Nexus know that a new battery is in and that the profile will be different?

TIA.

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Any review for those 1750 & 1850 batteries? Just received my nexus today.

ahhhhhh.......going todash.........
I have been waiting to root my Nexus so that I can reset battery stats to do some real tests. As soon as I run some, I will pass on the results.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been waiting to root my Nexus so that I can reset battery stats to do some real tests. As soon as I run some, I will pass on the results.

Thanks....hoping one of them will do a good enough job......can't seem to find any cases/holster combos that will fit the larger extended batteries...

ahhhhhhhh.............gone todash............

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech