Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My NS4G sans "protection"

I've had a Skinomi on my NS4G for months now...almost nine months, I guess. It's always been kinda ugly...some 'orange peel' effect going on in some areas. I put up with it 'cause I figured it was only helping protect the screen from The Big, Bad, Oily Scratch Monster.

Problem I had with it was that the slightest touch would leave oily smears and after only a few minutes I'd have to wipe it off. Yesterday I finally just got fed up with it all and pulled the dang thing off...and I gotta say I love the phone this way. I figured I'd still be wiping the screen, but at least it would be a smooth, non-ripply screen. Thing is, it doesn't hold oil like the Skinomi did. I'd totally underestimated the oleophobic coating on this thing. I assumed it couldn't really keep oils off and it would be just as bad as the screen protector...but it actually stays looking really nice, even after holding it up against my face for a phone call.

Guess now I just need to hope I don't scratch it. I'd hate to have to put another film on...

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: My NS4G sans "protection"

I've been pocketing mine without a skin for 6 months.. ad long as you're careful it shouldn't scratch.