Which Headphones do you use with your Nexus S 4G?

Which headphone is your choice for your Nexus S 4G

• Total voters

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
There are so many choices and everyone their favorite type. The Nexus S 4G handles sound very well. I like the Headphone port at the bottom. When running outside with them, the cord doesn't get in my way when Im trying to change songs or check a text if needed. Im using the PowerBeats by Dre, great for sports, plus have the inline controls for phone and music uses. I used to use Bluetooth head phones, and I love no cords but the sound always cut out in my pocket and it got annoying.

envynet

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I like the skull candy head phones I've used them for a while and haven't had many issues with them. Can't remember which series I have but they were around 40$ I believe.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

DannyUC6

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Ultimate Ears. I really think these are the best and usually fly under the radar. Picked up a pair at Best Buy last year for like 30 bucks.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I like the skull candy head phones I've used them for a while and haven't had many issues with them. Can't remember which series I have but they were around 40$ I believe.

You prob use the Titan, those are my choice of Skullcandy ones too. I keep em with my laptop for when Im at school. Very good quaility and has an awesome base sound too them.

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth!
I got a pair of LGs HBS 700. . . WOW!!!
I can walk around my house and never have an issue with the bluetooth! Was doing laundry the other night and my girlfrind couldn't hear the machine even while I was loading it and had the water going (which is LOUD). Even while I'm driving, others can't tell I'm using a bluetooth headset.
Music, sounds as good as anything else I've tried. Works with the voice dial and everything!
Very pleased with them and highly recommended to anyone.

Reactions: gabbott and kalex

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Call me old fashioned but I like the ones that come with it. They are nicer lookeling than the ones that came with the epic but the same thing.
@bazzbro do you have one of those arm band things for it? If so which one do you use when running?

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth!
I got a pair of LGs HBS 700. . . WOW!!!
I can walk around my house and never have an issue with the bluetooth! Was doing laundry the other night and my girlfrind couldn't hear the machine even while I was loading it and had the water going (which is LOUD). Even while I'm driving, others can't tell I'm using a bluetooth headset.
Music, sounds as good as anything else I've tried. Works with the voice dial and everything!
Very pleased with them and highly recommended to anyone.

I have those too and love them. Haven't tried on NS4G yet but i used them with my ipad2, Optimus S and they work great

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Call me old fashioned but I like the ones that come with it. They are nicer lookeling than the ones that came with the epic but the same thing.
@bazzbro do you have one of those arm band things for it? If so which one do you use when running?

I just run the cord under my shirt so the cord doesn't get tangled to my pocket. I ALWAYS buy workout shorts or pants with pocket to hold my phone.

And besides, when running outside, you get a nice ugly pale strap on your arm when you run with a band outside, its not fun lol

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just run the cord under my shirt so the cord doesn't get tangled to my pocket. I ALWAYS buy workout shorts or pants with pocket to hold my phone.

And besides, when running outside, you get a nice ugly pale strap on your arm when you run with a band outside, its not fun lol

I don't like running during the day. I wait for the evening. Lol. its cooler

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I bought the skull candy titans and the LG HBS 700s. The sull candy have a bit more bass but those LGs sound great too and have the convenience of bluetooth. For me, the LGs will be getting more use and thanks to those in this thread that mentioned them, it was why I picked them up.

TheNexxuvas

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Have the $80 set of Klipsch s4's. Love them, have been in them since I was testing the Hero, then the EVO, the Echo, and now the the Nexus S.

Held up great, but am thinking of jumping to a set from shure that have the replaceable wire since they came down to $99 on amazon.

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Call me old fashioned but I like the ones that come with it. They are nicer lookeling than the ones that came with the epic but the same thing. <br />
I wanted to try the headphones that came with the phone but they unfortunately don't fit into my ears.

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the LG HBS 700 based on recommendations in this thread. I love these things!

I've recently started running regularly, and the one thing that has bugged the crap out of me is the cord hanging down and flopping around. I kept my iPod nano on my forearm, and had the cord running through my shirt, but I was always having to adjust it.

Ran for the first time with the bluetooth headphones yesterday with my Nexus S playing Pandora and using RunKeeper to track my run. Wow, it was great!

Thanks for mentioning these great headphones guys!

slipdisc

Jun 3, 2010
www.phat1.com
I have been using a Motorola S9. I use it mainly at work outdoors and very rarely ever take a call using them, only music and podcasts. Huge amounts of sweat, but luckily I haven't had any sweat issues that others have posted about.

A loved one gave me a set of Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10's. They sound very awesome indeed. I am just much more careful when breaking them out for use.

Cheers

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I have a pair of Plantronics 855 bluetooth headphones. I love them, because (a) they have a2dp and avrcp, so I can control my audiobooks from the headset, (b) they can be mono or stereo, and (c) they're cheap to replace on ebay.

tyea

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Jabra clipper bluetooth headset with h 2 o audio waterproof headphones. The Jabra Clipper has excellent noise reduction, and you can plug in your stereo earbuds.

JarffVC

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I use a Sony WS600 bluetooth unit. Sound is great and the device is very flexible. I can use it with my iPod touch (with bt transmitter), my computer, my NS4G and it has an FM receiver. It has a 3/8" jack so you can plug whatever earbuds/earphones you want into it.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I went with the Plantronic Backbeat 903's.

They're great for running (like the above poster, I hate cords) and I can skip tracks and change volume from the headset rather than fumbling with the touchscreen or volume rocker in my armband. Conveniently, they're also charged via microUSB - one charger for both devices.

They're cheap as hell on ebay too ($25).

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the Pre to the Nexus S 4G saturday. After reading that the nexus had a high end audio converter built in (wolfson), i was sold. Before installing the netarchy kernel, i listened to some tunes on my Vmoda earbuds. The quality improved dramatically with the netarchy kernel and voodoo control. There is much more detail in music when listening thru headphones. This is the best mobile listening experience I've ever had.

As i type, i am listening to the "this is my next podcast" on my plantronics backbeats using the site's flash player. Even the bluetooth playback is far superior to what i experienced on the Pre. With the Pre, bluetooth music sounded over compressed and signal was too weak to use the backbeats while walking with the Pre in my pocket. With the Nexus, everything is greatly improved. Music, while not as pristine as corded playback, is satisfactory and i hear no apparent compression artifacts.

Music and podcast listening are very important to me, and I'm stoked about my decision to buy the Nexus. I highly recommend the Backbeats and Vmoda headphones. If music is important to you, quality headphones are worth the extra money.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I use the LG Optimus V headphones. I cannot STAND the Samsung ones, they feel weird to use. The LG Optimus ones feel better for me than my Apple iPod touch ones so, I just use those.