1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Most Durable Case Options

NS4G is my first smartphone and I am honestly pretty clumsy with this stuff. I break things. Alot. Also it doesn't help being so tall and having the phone drop so far (minimum 4ft) every time and usually onto concrete.

So my question is what is the most durable and protective case out there?

I am looking at a Active X but after using the (Best Buy branded) Surface case, I doubt their ability to make anything effective. I've already dropped it twice and had several nicks on the edge of the phone because of the case simply exploding off and launching the phone onto concrete.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

The active is excellent. I had it in the epic. Love it on here even better. Dropped the epic in the parking lot and on cement floors all the time. Nothing wrong.

Haven't dropped this yet but know it will hold up since the slider did on the epic.

If your really worried you could get the convert. Which is essnetially the surface with an active x over it.

I like this case. But if and when otterbox makes one I may switch and try those on here. Only had one in my blackberry for a day or so and got rid of it because I didn't like it nor did I need it on that phone.

The active is a nice slim case for every day drops. I don't think you would need anything heavier unless your were doing extreme things.

Talking Case Mate Pop

I tried the Case Mate Pop on my Nexus, it was at Frys, its a combo of hard case and rubber case in one. If i wanted a protective case, its what i'd get.
    With the hard spots on the corners and back and rubber on the sides it was really nice fit, just a little bulky compared to my feather case, but way more protection. And not as much bulk as the other "protective cases".
    Good review >>

Comes in Black, Pink or White.

-j-
    Thanked by:
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

O if it helps too. I had the surface cause for the epic first. It felt like a 5 dollar case you got on the corner of the street.

The active is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycinla View Post
    I tried the Case Mate Pop on my Nexus, it was at Frys, its a combo of hard case and rubber case in one. If i wanted a protective case, its what i'd get.
    With the hard spots on the corners and back and rubber on the sides it was really nice fit, just a little bulky compared to my feather case, but way more protection. And not as much bulk as the other "protective cases".

Thanks for the tip, I'm trying this case out now. I like it, solid protection but not too much extra bulk. I don't like the rubber log on the back, the phone won't sit flat! If I keep it, I'll have to figure out how to file that down!

Has anyone triied the Trident Cyclops for Google Nexus S 4G?

It looks like an Otterbox. I am wondering how it compares to the Seidio Convert.

Has anyone used this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnab2 View Post
    Has anyone triied the Trident Cyclops for Google Nexus S 4G?

It looks like an Otterbox. I am wondering how it compares to the Seidio Convert.

Has anyone used this case?
    I just ordered the cyclopse. If someone with one hasn't replied by the time I get mine I'll let you know what I think.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

Thanks KSmithInNY. I am just on the fence on what case to get. I like the Cyclopse but there seems to be no holster.
    Last edited by Gnab2; 05-22-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Wow, that cyclopse looks pretty durable. I'll be interested in hearing some reviews of it, how much bulk it adds and how the volume and power buttons perform being covered up.

Default Case Mate Pop

My wife and I both are using the Case Mate Pop and like the look and the feel of the case.

Seems like it will provide quality protection too.

I have read in some reviews that the rubber starts to peel off like a pencil eraser and if that is the case I will have to deal with Case Mate on the problem, but after a week with the case, no issues so far.