Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Default Re: Case or no Case?

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I wasn't going to use anything but without gorilla glass, I need something to protect the screen. I'll probably use phantom skinz or something similar.
    Here's some intel on that:

1. Used Skinomi and it was OK, but the surface felt "sticky" when swiping and the visibility wasn't great. Plus, I didn't apply it well and had to take it off due to some bubbling (FWIW, I blame the bad application on me, not the Skinomi)

2. Tried Ghost Armor next and installed it two days ago. So far it's MUCH better than Skinomi. Looks like glass, feels like glass, not sticky feeling when swiping, very clear, application was better, etc. Plus they give you two screen protectors, which is a nice touch. Thumbs up. Only issue is that it's not 100% fitting. It's a bit big (or I stretched it) so it hits the bezel, but my case covers that.

I've used Zagg, Best Skins Ever, and Phantom in the past on other devices. I have to say that GA is the best I've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dwnexus View Post
    I have it on right now. The case is surprisingly nice. It provides a good grip and doesn't look cheap. I wasn't planning on using the screen protectors but I threw one on and it's not bad. It does pick up fingerprints though.

Overall, the case itself is a steal for $11 shipped.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyButt

Default Re: How many nude out there?

Quote Originally Posted by dwnexus View Post
    Used to have this on it. Got tired of not all USB plugs fitting into my device with it on. Took it off about a month ago and no scratches yet.
    Samsung POS > Samsung POS (Different model) > Blackberry 8330 > Blackberry 8530 > HTC Evo > Nexus S

Sprint Customer for more than ten years.

I just picked up the SGP Ultra Silke case and I really like it. Much thinner than the huge hard Sprint one I got in-store.

Global Posts
    1,014 Global Posts
    ROM
    oICSv36

Add another vote for the incipio feather case. Came in the mail today and I'm loving it so far.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I'm using the rearth ringke its. Preety good and comfortable in my pocket. It didn't add much bulk. I love it and can't find anything wrong with the case.

ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    Add another vote for the incipio feather case. Came in the mail today and I'm loving it so far.
    Excellent choice for minimalist protection.

Anyone used the Trident Cyclops case? Been reading good things about it - somewhat interested.

Also, is there an OtterBox available for Nexus S yet?

I'm known to be rough with my phone - hence why I need a strong case. I've had a best buy branded case on my EVO but the stupid thing was falling apart here at the end...I don't want another best buy branded case because it's not strong enough to stand up to me, plus it has no screen protection in terms of dropping it. I'd like to have something that if I accidently dropped my phone and it landed screen down, there's a bit of protection between the ground and my phone.

Yeah, I'm high maintence

Needed more grip and tried several different cases (incl Incp Feather etc) but was still yearning to go nude. So decided to give the Plastic Dip black "rubberized spray" treatment a try (can sells for $6 at Home Depot)

I have to say, it turned out pretty awesome...(looks uneven/bubbly on initial application but after 4-5 hrs of drying, it's practically OEM quality)...has the soft touch matte texture of many phones out there (not super grippy but defintely way better than the slippery original cover). Only downside I can see is that under heavy use, the cover will start to peel on the edges so you may have to reapply every few weeks. But it's a fun little experiment.
    Last edited by dil.b; 07-29-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

Nude and loving it. I don't believe in cases. Why do you care about gorilla glass and build quality if you're going to use a case?

No scratches since launch day

ROM
    Stock

Been nude from birth save for the incipio feather case which is more like a thin coat of armor that also makes it less slippery. Minor scratches on screen but doesn't bother me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by subnaiyo View Post
    Nude and loving it. I don't believe in cases. Why do you care about gorilla glass and build quality if you're going to use a case?

No scratches since launch day

Nexus does not have gorilla glass

I moved from the palm pre (which I was heavily in love with, still feel like a traitor but it's really worth having a phone that works) which, when I dropped it, cracked and scratched on the first day. I didn't want to go through that again so I got the Argyle Gel case and the Invisishield from Sprint the day I bought (which was a week ago today). I like my phone virgin and will deal with the bulk as a side effect to keeping my new baby pristine.

The ONLY thing I miss about my pre is the touchstone. It was absolutely the best thing ever and it is sorely missed...

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Naked. I pay for insurance. Deductible isn't too bad. And this phone is the perfect grip for me, yet to drop since the day I bought it. Knock on wood.

- Grant Heppes www.GrantHeppes.com www.about.me/GrantHeppes
    Thank me if I helped you please. Google+ Me http://www.gplus.to/GrantHeppes

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Well, my phone's naked now except for a screen protector. I had an Incipio Feather and it's cracked along the seams on both sides. I'd take more fault for this if I had a big drop or I had maliciously removed the case to pop the battery out... but I didn't. I'm going to contact them and see about a replacement.
    your mother

Just dropped my phone. Glad I have a skin on it. Not a scratch.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    If I were never here, you would never know.

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    ROM
    Will be rooted

I never use a case. Just my preference. I like having it as slim and light as possible. I'm pretty careful with my phones so it's not bad.

I keep it in the nude for now, no complaints.

Rocking an old school incredible with only screen protector has some dings and debts but the phone is like 2 years old.

sent from my incredible

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

I am also caseless. I tried the SGP Ultra Silke (didn't like the way it covered up the edges), Incipio Feather (liked it, but just prefer caseless).

The back was too slippery for me so I bought a back only skin from Best Skins Ever (reason I picked them was because it was $9 and everyone else wanted $15-$20). Just installed it and now the grip is good (better than skinless anyway).

Perfect now.
    Last edited by esoh; 11-11-2011 at 12:23 PM.

I carry it around in a leather sleeve but otherwise it's nude. I like the idea of a different battery cover so maybe I'll look into that.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

I guess I should've been more clear, but I bought a back only skin, not a batt cover. The NFC chip is in the cover so if you change that out, you lose that functionality.

I've had mine without any case or screen protecter since. 8/27/11 looks just as it looked out the boXx

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234