yiboyuan charger

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone use these before? I know they are really cheap but I'm trying to figure out the led color pattern.

One is purple and turns blue when it appears the be done. The other is lit up red and will occasionally flash purple. And I'm not sure if it turns blue yet when charged.

When I plug in the phone via usb to charge as well it does. The light turns blue. Are both charging?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Just took a look at the 2 batteries I'm the chargers. On I put on at 29% at 2.3 hours later its 66% charged.

The other one was in the 30s not sure where. At 68% if anyone was interested in them. Deft not 800ma output. The standard Samsung charger with the phone on charges faster. Lol.

Snoball

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Old topic, I know, but...

I picked up one of these along with a couple spare batteries on eBay. From what I can tell, purple means it's (slowly) charging the battery in the cradle, blue means the battery is fully charged or it's sending power to the USB. The battery in the cradle is only charged at 350 mAh. The USB output is listed as 800 mAh, which should charge a connected phone much faster.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Old topic, I know, but...

I picked up one of these along with a couple spare batteries on eBay. From what I can tell, purple means it's (slowly) charging the battery in the cradle, blue means the battery is fully charged or it's sending power to the USB. The battery in the cradle is only charged at 350 mAh. The USB output is listed as 800 mAh, which should charge a connected phone much faster.

I just noticed this reply. In case any one else is interested.

Yes, red means charging blue means charged. However, the second one I had that was in question seemed to have a bad LED. It was purple then red and then purple again. That one, finally, gave out. LED doesn't even turn on anymore. However, the unit still charges. 5 bux. Does what it needs. Slowly.

kiwitan

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I just bought a yiboyuan USB charger AA-11 from ebay. It has adjustable charging tips .
But it comes with no charger manual so I do not know how to insert the 3rd party samsung note batteries.

Can any one tell me how to insert the battery properly?

JewelDreamz

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine in the mail and had to seek out this forum to figure out the LED. No manual came with mine either. Batteries & charger purchased on Ebay for $10!! Came precharged in the package! I am impressed :) I have an LG Optimus phone, however, I would imagine that battery insertion is pretty much the same for all models..look for the little gold connectors on your battery, then place them on the little pins in the charger. LED I can confirm that blue is charged, and pink is charging. :)

dcove

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
So my Samsung Stratosphere battery has three gold connector pins the charger has two. Which are the correct two ? There are three combinations: right two or left two ( charger indicates blue light ), outside two indicates pink light. No instructions with my charger and/or batteries either.....thanks in advance !!

Paul Jinnyjoe

May 5, 2013
Visit site
ref yiboyuan charger seen a lot of post how to use this charger

1 put in your batt into charger dont matter which way as long as the gold pins tip far right and far left of batt connectors

2 when above is done a blue light will come on, then plug it into wall socket ,the light will turn a pinky color

3 when the light is blue again your batt will be fully charged

takes about 30 mins on mine to charge form dead to full

hopes this helps yee

Alicia Welch

May 26, 2013
Visit site
thank you i came on here to ask about the colors and how to use this charger i just got the other day and you answered my question for me before i asked, thank you Paul

Christopher Manning

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
So am I understanding this correctly? My battery has three contact points. The charger has 2 adjustable contact pins. Put the battery in the charger so the adjustable contact pins on the charger are touching the battery's outside contact points? Nothing should be touching the battery's middle contact point? Thanks, don't want to fry my new batteries or burn my house down!!!

Obiewankanobe

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
1. Align YIBOYUAN''''s Connect pins with the contacts on your battery.
2. For batteries with more than 2 contact points, start with the two outer contacts(left most and right most contacts).
3. Now slide your battery into YIBOYUAN''''s pins.Make sure YIBOYUAN''''s contact pins are touching the contacts on your battery.
4. "LED" light indicates good connection,you have setup the charger correctly for this battery.
5. If the "LED" lights does not indicate good connection,slide to another battery connection.(not all batteries will work,this charges approx 90% all digital camera,cell phone and other msic batteries)
6. Now plug the universal battery only charger into a wall outlet.
7. The Red light will light up when the battery being charged. If its not lighting its not charging!
8. The Blue LED light will indicate a fully charged battery.
9. Totally dead batteries will not be seen or charged

Dedicated to Thomas S. Bailey Jr. Supreme Ruler of the OBGYN Universe. God Among Men.

Praupp

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
this is my samsung battery. marks are hard to see but they are there. the positive term is closest to the edge of the battery. cen ter pin is not used for charging.
hope this helpspicture_1.png

Chae-ri Song

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Glossy Muanfwangosi - Has anyone replied, or did you figure it out? If not, you must line up the prongs with the connectors on your battery. If your battery is in properly and the light is blue, then your battery is charged. On my charger the light was blue when I plugged in [before I inserted my battery into the charger]. After putting the battery in, the charger went to a red/ pink color. Which meant my battery was charging.

I wasnt sure how it would work when I first saw the advert on ebay, but you just slide the battery in until the battery connectors meet the prongs and battery slides into place. I am not sure about all batteries. My batteries are for my Samsung cell phone, so they fit perfectly into the charger. There was no need to figure where the prongs connect.

Not sure about the 30 minutes charge time quoted earlier though. I would think it would depend on the type of battery and also on the 'mAh' of the battery. And I'm not sure how long the 'regular' samsung batteries will take to charge. I purchased 2 super batteries [2750 mAh] with the charger. Both arrived at only 60%. So I put one in the charger. It has been on the charger now for 6+ hours and the light has still not turned blue. I took the battery out after about 5 hours to check to see if is was charging. It was at 87%.

Since I am new to this charger and to super mAh batteries, I am not sure if it should take this long, or if my charger is somehow defective. Anyway, hope this is helpful. Best of luck. ^ ^

Terryd9

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
My Charger does not have this name but is labeled "IC Smart (Intelligent Charger) model YBY-001-018. It has two movable contact points and my extra Samsung battery BP 2000 for my Samsung Galaxy 2 camera has 4 contact points. Do I use the outside two points to align the charger points and NOT the inside two of the 4 contact points? The positive and negative labeling on the battery aligns the positive (+) with the contact closest to the edge of the battery with an inverted T on the next contact location and the third contact is labeled negative (-) and the forth is not labeled so it makes it difficult to identify which contacts of the four are positive and which are negative. The movable points on the charger are not labeled but could be adjusted to either right or left depending on which way the battery is inserted. If the contacts of the charger are positioned closest to the LED read out of the charger, the left contact would have to be the positive and the right negative. If the points are moved further away form the LED read out, the right one would be positive and the left one negative and the battery would have to be turned over to align with the pins, so this is another issue if the charger pins are negative and positive. If it does not matter which pin on the charger is positive, this decreases the fixed options for positioning the battery. This charger came with no instructions and there are none with the battery either. Can anyone help clarify my issues?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2