[ACS] GRJ90

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
65scjk7

Shabbypenguin and the Android Creative Syndicate
present to you

GRJ90

Alrigth guys here is teh moment you have been waiting for, the newest update in a nice easy cwm flashable zip :) pre-rooted, deodexed, and with busybox :)

KE5 radio update 07/25/11
https://psp-1.com/

i ran into an issue with a few of teh apps

Google earth
Google Voice
Thinkfree
SprintMenu.apk
Voice search and Maps

for most of them i just copied over from grj22 til i can fix it, for otheres like google voice and earth just get em in the market please :)

Credits:
cdw9800 for getting us teh update :)
snandlal for the modem
ACS for being an awesome team of likeminded people and devs
Dreamsforgotten for letting me get this one ;)

If you like what i do then feel free to support my android habit (its worse then crack :eek:)

Reactions: chud and kikiodying

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Shabby are you PNG optimizing this? Reason I ask is I noticed the apps you listed as PITA were google apps, mostly, and google apps hate being optimized (they FC). Maybe just deodex and zipalign those specific apps if you haven't tried that already.

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
actually due to computer issues i did it off a linux live dvd :x

none of teh apps were zipaligned, just deodex'd and rooted with busybox, was trying to get it out the door as fast as possible due to the live cd, it was becoming very annoying.. ill do a proper in a few days, but this allows people to get the update if they arent fond of a rom and use stock and want root :)

and yes the radio is cwm flashable

Reactions: jeffreynothing43

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
actually due to computer issues i did it off a linux live dvd :x

none of teh apps were zipaligned, just deodex'd and rooted with busybox, was trying to get it out the door as fast as possible due to the live cd, it was becoming very annoying.. ill do a proper in a few days, but this allows people to get the update if they arent fond of a rom and use stock and want root :)

and yes the radio is cwm flashable

Thanks so much for getting this out so fast...I was following your post yesterday on XDA and I couldn't refresh the screen fast enough. I updated my radio but am going to wait on a ROM until I do anything further. I'm sure it won't be long with people like you and the rest of the devs working on stuff. THANKS!

Reactions: Shabbypenguin

kikiodying

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for getting this out so fast...I was following your post yesterday on XDA and I couldn't refresh the screen fast enough. I updated my radio but am going to wait on a ROM until I do anything further. I'm sure it won't be long with people like you and the rest of the devs working on stuff. THANKS!

Im doing the same. Out here in phoenix we need all the radio beefing we can get.

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
wifi error is pretty common, are you using a custom kernel? i knwo several users reported issues with matr1x 4.5, and upgrade to 5.0 and worked fine

badhairguy

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Update: I flashed netarchy 1.3.7 up from 1.3.4 and wifi issues are gone. Wifi signal indicator seems to show a stronger signal, but I'm still not getting my full cable speed of 10mbit; I'm only getting 6 on speedtest.

Reactions: link375

link375

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Update: I flashed netarchy 1.3.7 up from 1.3.4 and wifi issues are gone. Wifi signal indicator seems to show a stronger signal, but I'm still not getting my full cable speed of 10mbit; I'm only getting 6 on speedtest.

I didn't have a custom kernel and it broke my wifi, but then I read this, installed the custom kernel and my wifi works again. thanks!

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
so here's my question. i applied a radio.img to my phone from the new update... however i didn't apply the update. now, i see you have made a deodexed stock rom for now that is 'prerooted' and others that are giving instructions to go back to stock, stock recovery etc and apply the update and reroot. what is the best way and how does it work when you just apply a rom with the update? i don't want the update yet cause the rom i am using has no update for it yet....but i am curious for when I decide to move forward. Thanks all.

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
if you want a stock rom that is prerooted etc, then flash this.. if your on cm then wait for cm to include 2.3.5 (which btw they already pushed teh changes so 2 days max til you see it :) ) as for miui.. no idea, indivudual roms is up to the dev

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
are you on stock now or are you on a rom?

if your stock then its prolly best if you wipe after installing, if your going from a custom rom to this then again its prolly best to wipe :(

if your on a stock deodex grj22 then no :)

but no it wont wipe for you