Can I go back to 2.3.4 without root?

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know this also. Can we flash back to 2.3.4?

The new update made my 3G connection go from good to fking terrible.

I have it rooted now, but can anyone please post a way to go back?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
The new radio works with 2.3.4, I believe.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Thats what i was thinking it should cause it's just a lower date gingerbread based rom,if it was froyo or some major change like that i would say change it.

Nice to see you around igotsanevo4g;)

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the new radio works with 2.3.4 and is also what breaks the tethering.

To my understanding it's actually the kernel. Im running the update and only thing i changed is kernel so that would make me beleive it's something they changed in kernel.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Cool thank you for the help. I might try it out for a few more days, but its seems this update just makes the whole phone a little slower. Am I the only one who sees this or is it just a placebo effect going on?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Cool thank you for the help. I might try it out for a few more days, but its seems this update just makes the whole phone a little slower. Am I the only one who sees this or is it just a placebo effect going on?
I've not noticed an increased speed between menus and apps etc, but it definitely boots faster. Data is probably faster on average, but I never obsessed about those results to begin with so I won't commit on that one.

The only drawback I've seen is the broken tethering but I had a tethering app since day one for 4G tethering so I don't miss that.