Does the OTA update wipe your phone?

frylock11

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I got the notification for the update today and want to do it. Will I lose any apps or pictures on my phone if done OTA? I want to root to use titanium backup and start trying some roms out. I'm stock unrooted now, should I root after the update, and is it the same process as rooting 2.3.4? I really want to try the voodoo app to help my crappy external speaker, has anybody used it or have any comments on it? Thanks

evilhugbear

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just did the update saturday night, and everything went fine. It restarted my phone, and it started installing. It only took like a minute for it to install for me.

I had all my pictures, music, apps, etc. after it restarted. I even had the same wallpaper :p. It looks like it doesn't erase anything. :D

I'm planning on rooting today, too. I asked if the one click root will work with 2.3.5, and someone told me it will :D.

But, when you root, you lose everything :(. So, I made a list of all my apps so I can redownload them after I root.

frylock11

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I updated today and it went smooth. I haven't noticed too much different yet, but we'll see. Is there a way to root without losing all your apps? If not, what is a good backup program that doesn't need root to restore my apps? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007