So what else? I have Rom Manager, Wireless Tether, Ad Free...

DeathsArrow

May 16, 2010
Visit site
alright cool, thanks guys. Slowly learning how to do this.

I am slightly stumped though. When i download a rom or the tether fix, it asks me to backup current rom, wipe cache, and wipe dalvek cache in rom manager, what do i do then? It brings me to a screen where i have to use volume power to reload bootloader, reboot, recovery, etc.

That's where I get lost on, i chose recovery but it brings me back to that same screen. I tried the XDA link but it brings me back to AC

Have you flashed the latest clockwork recovery? It's the first option when you load Rom Manager.

DeathsArrow

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It's showing that i have it. I don't know if I cleared both caches though

What happens when you use the reboot into recovery option through Rom Manager?

I personally don't use Rom Manager for flashing, I only use it to keep my ClockworkMod Recovery up to date and a quick way to reboot into recovery without having to manually shut down the device and push the right buttons to get into recovery on a reboot.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
it goes to that screen i mentioned where i have to use the volume button to choose an option like recovery, revoot, reload bootloader, etc. Hitting recovery from that screen brings me back to that same screen.

DeathsArrow

May 16, 2010
Visit site
it goes to that screen i mentioned where i have to use the volume button to choose an option like recovery, revoot, reload bootloader, etc. Hitting recovery from that screen brings me back to that same screen.

Try flashing Clockwork Recovery again in Rom Manager, make sure you chose Nexus S 4G as your phone model. I did that wrong and it causes a similar issue to what you're describing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar