Can't backup with ROM Manager

evilhugbear

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I finally decided to root, and it went perfectly fine :D. I used Shabby's one click.

After I rooted, I decided to start installing most of my apps before I backup my rom. Then, I installed ROM Manager so I could try to backup. It didn't recognize I had CWM installed, maybe it was some kind of conflict with the one click?

So, I flashed CWM and tried to backup. I didn't restart after flashing CWM, btw.

I saw on some videos that ROM manager asks if you want to wipe cache before you backup. Mine doesn't do that. Once I select a name for the backup, it goes straight to the Google logo boot.

It gets stuck at the Google logo, but a battery pull fixes it. I've tried backing up for the 3rd time, with the same result.

I tried flashing CWM again, but it didn't help.

Anyone know what's going on? I want to experiment with roms, but I won't if I have no backup.

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I finally decided to root, and it went perfectly fine :D. I used Shabby's one click.

After I rooted, I decided to start installing most of my apps before I backup my rom. Then, I installed ROM Manager so I could try to backup. It didn't recognize I had CWM installed, maybe it was some kind of conflict with the one click?

So, I flashed CWM and tried to backup. I didn't restart after flashing CWM, btw.

I saw on some videos that ROM manager asks if you want to wipe cache before you backup. Mine doesn't do that. Once I select a name for the backup, it goes straight to the Google logo boot.

It gets stuck at the Google logo, but a battery pull fixes it. I've tried backing up for the 3rd time, with the same result.

I tried flashing CWM again, but it didn't help.

Anyone know what's going on? I want to experiment with roms, but I won't if I have no backup.
I had that problem to what I did was scroll all the way down to all clockwork mod recoveries clicked on one of the choices.this was after I flashed recoveries and everything worked

evilhugbear

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I had that problem to what I did was scroll all the way down to all clockwork mod recoveries clicked on one of the choices.this was after I flashed recoveries and everything worked

So flashing one of the older versions fixed it? I think I might have seen something about that somewhere...

I'll try that later when I have some time. :D

Thanks for the post :D

evilhugbear

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed CM7 RC1 :D. Took 15 seconds to shut down and flash. Wow :D

It seems that the screen won't dim automatically. It's always really bright :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member