rom manager app w/nexus question

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So i have been able to flash some roms with the Rom Manager App, but I ran into a few problems. Certain roms require you to flash "gapps" as well in order for your google stuff (market, gtalk, etc....)

How do i go about "flashing gapps" so that my google apps work, because when i tried roms such as Deck & Cynaogen.....everything works except Market and such. Can i flash Gapps through Rom Manager as well?

As always...thanks for the help guys!

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So i have been able to flash some roms with the Rom Manager App, but I ran into a few problems. Certain roms require you to flash "gapps" as well in order for your google stuff (market, gtalk, etc....)

How do i go about "flashing gapps" so that my google apps work, because when i tried roms such as Deck & Cynaogen.....everything works except Market and such. Can i flash Gapps through Rom Manager as well?

As always...thanks for the help guys!

You can download and flash the gapps through ROM manager. Just download, wipe dalvik and flash.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: jdizzle316

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
You can download and flash the gapps through ROM manager. Just download, wipe dalvik and flash.

thanks for your reply!

So just to clarify, the rom i flashed (Cynaogen) will stay on my phone, even after i flash gapps (i am basically flashing gapps on top of the CM rom that is already flashed on the phone?) or will it wipe out the current rom i have?

Just want to make sure i don't mess my phone up too much lol.

Thanks for your help Crump!

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
thanks for your reply!

So just to clarify, the rom i flashed (Cynaogen) will stay on my phone, even after i flash gapps (i am basically flashing gapps on top of the CM rom that is already flashed on the phone?) or will it wipe out the current rom i have?

Just want to make sure i don't mess my phone up too much lol.

Thanks for your help Crump!

You'll still keep cm7, it's just flashing the google apps. Just when you flash it, if your using ROM manager, just tick wipe dalvik, make sure wipe data is Not checked. After it flashes you'll be put through the google setup and will have market, gmail, etc...

Reactions: jdizzle316

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
You'll still keep cm7, it's just flashing the google apps. Just when you flash it, if your using ROM manager, just tick wipe dalvik, make sure wipe data is Not checked. After it flashes you'll be put through the google setup and will have market, gmail, etc...

Worked like a charm Crump! Thanks a bunch!!!!

Have a good one man...