1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MIUI rom is awesome, but battery life?

So I've been using MIUI rom....the rom is modded with great additions, making tasks much simpler as well as cosmetically appealing

Only problem is that the battery life is pretty bad.

Anyone experiencing this? Is there a way to improve battery? Thanks guys

Global Posts
    10,397 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Default Re: MIUI rom is awesome, but battery life?

I run it on the X, and have decent battery life. I am on the latest build, and did a clean install plus wiping battery stats at 100% then ran it to zero. Full days, no problem.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

How do u do battery wipe?

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle316 View Post
    How do u do battery wipe?
    Boot into recovery. Advanced > Wipe Battery Stats.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    Thanked by:

I also had this problem of bad battery.I checked what draining my battery so low made the adjustments and now its great
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by evoldroid View Post
    I also had this problem of bad battery.I checked what draining my battery so low made the adjustments and now its great
    i checked my battery too, and this big battery consumers are "display" (which is given for any rom-but i have my brightness set low), and "android system."

I mean, i didn't have any apps installed, and i would say with the MIUI rom i prolly get about 6 hours of use....which is horrible compared to about 12 hours stock or longer with Deck.

Please help lol....is MIUI a nice featured rom that has a downside of terrible battery life? Or are there other tweaks that i haven't discovered.

Thanks again guys!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by evoldroid View Post
    Approximately how many hours of battery life are u getting with the adjustments you made?

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle316 View Post
    Approximately how many hours of battery life are u getting with the adjustments you made?

Thanks for your help!
    Im getting around 11 hours.I take it off charge at 8:00 am and battery usually dies around 7:00 pm

I don't use MIUI anymore because of battery life but to mitigate some of the battery drain I used to under-clock the processor to 800MHz and keep the screen off (instead of letting it time out) and when possible charge it in short bursts with the screen off.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Does anyone mind throwing a link to this ROM on this page...I've been wanting to mess with it.

If you have rom manager look under download rom and get it from there
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I gave up on MIUI....its a nicely themed rom with great functionality, but the down side is bad battery life. Once I switched to Oxygen Rom my battery life nearly doubled. If MIUI evers gets tweaked to extend its time off the charger I'll gladly jump back on the boat.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    ROM
    Miui/Pete's Kernel

hmm that's so weird of you to say. I started with deck, moved to oxygen and now to miui and I'm getting better battery life with this than i ever did with oxygen or deck. Yesterday I did some testing and ended a solid 24 hours with 36% battery left on miui with matrix 5.5 kernel. I'm going to switch and try trinitys to see if I can get any better.