Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Batt never charges above 94%

I'm on 2.3.5/matr1x-2.6.35.13/cm7 nightly

I am wondering what rom or kernel i should switch to; but tired of switching over and over again. I'll switch if it works though. also not sure what volt i should b using. Some dont let me play games and stuff; it'll freeze up and shut off on me.

ROM
    Oxygen2.2.2/Netarchy1.3.7

Default Re: Batt never charges above 94%

Quote Originally Posted by bocaccio View Post
    I'm on 2.3.5/matr1x-2.6.35.13/cm7 nightly

I am wondering what rom or kernel i should switch to; but tired of switching over and over again. I'll switch if it works though. also not sure what volt i should b using. Some dont let me play games and stuff; it'll freeze up and shut off on me.
    Try getting off nightly, it might be it's because it's experimental.
    Try either oxygen 2.2.2, or Deck 1.3d those are the best ones I've used.
    Deck is based off cm7 so same customization.

As for the battery, the NSG4 is designed to stop at about 94-95% it keeps the battery healthy. Pretty much anyphone you charge up to a 100, youll notice it drop down to 96% really fast. At 100% the battery is near over charged and can damage it. So don't worry.
    Live life to the mediumest.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the response. Based on batt life alone I'd get rid of this device; cause it doesn't last long at all. Worse than my evo. Id run to the photon if i had the money. I'll load deck rom later on . Thanks
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have 1.3d and matr1x6.5 now whats the recommended method for backing up your apps? I have found that google backs them up "sometimes" and then theres the chance it doesn't.

N
    Thanks for the response. Based on batt life alone I'd get rid of this device; cause it doesn't last long at all. Worse than my evo. Id run to the photon if i had the money. I'll load deck rom later on . Thanks
    After coming from the Samsung Epic 4g and the battery life we wish we had this is great on nexus. Most of your problems could be coming from running the nightlies including poor battery. I have been running cyanogen mod 7 stable and matrix on stock setting (100~1200) and I average about 20 hours on a charge with reasonable usage.

I recommend as others have said to stick with the stable build roms and kernels instead of the nightlies and beta kernels and you will have much better results.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

most samsung phones do not charge to 100%. it's supposed to work that way. it's a feature that helps to extend the life of the battery. Not the charge life but how long the battery lasts and continues to work.

what it does is charges up to 100% but will just say "charged" not 100%, then trickles down a bit and then charges back up.
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker

ROM
    Oxygen2.2.2/Netarchy1.3.7

try a new kernal too, try matrix, the cfs version, or the universal netarchy 1.3.7. if your really concerned about battery, these two things can help the most:
    underclock your phone from 1000mhz to 800 under decks rom go to advanced settings>performance>CPU settings and adjust. for the Governor chose SMARTASS its for battery saving and keeps good performance. Secondly, if your in a place with 0-2 bars, turn off mobile data, it helps ALOT. if your not gonna use the internet on your phone turn off wifi, and mobile data. With Deck, you have the option of putting a mobile data on off widget in the status bar which makes it really easy.
    Live life to the mediumest.

ROM
    deck1.3d/matr1x10.5cfs

Under-clock the processor down to 800 MHz. Much better battery life. If you use a stock-ish ROM (GPA17, Oxygen, deck), you shouldnt notice any speed issues. I still get a 2200+ quadrant score.
    Motorola Q > Palm Pre > [HL]Google Nexus S 4G[/HL]
    More awesome than a shark high-fiving a bear while having sex with a unicorn during an explosion in space...

All the cool kids click the "Thanks" button on my posts...