Flashed Sense ROM, Nexus No Longer Works

flexterra

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
So I rooted my Nexus without an issue and I uploaded the htc sense rom and it worked, however I couldn't get signal on my phone for whatever reason, this lead me into panic mode because I need my phone for work and I tried to reverse what I just did (rooting etc) Now I'm stuck with the phone with no signal, my computer will not recognize the phone so I can't even download the stock rom, I did the power volume up thing, and hit recovery, cleared the cache and sd card (just saw you weren't supposed to do that)

So I'm pretty much left with a dead phone. I'm on the boot loader screen but without being able to connect it to my PC I can't do much with it

Any ideas if that made sense?

Basically I cannot connect my phone to my pc so D/L roms, and in bootloader I cleared everything out so I'm stuck with HTC Sense Rom but just want my phone to work again..

thanks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Help! My Nexus is done for!

Was this an actual HTC Sense ROM you downloaded or was it one that I found over at XDA that is a port/WIP of a SENSE/NS4G based ROM?

flexterra

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

I found it on XDA I believe but even when I master reset my phone, the X Sense (shows up as) ROM appears. It's a full ROM the stock ROM is not on my phone anymore..

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

If your device is recognized by your computer in Bootloader mode/Fastboot mode then you should be able to use the above mentioned post...

[URL="http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-nexus-s-4g/118726-help-my-nexus-done.html#post1246306]Post #4[/URL]

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Have you tried when booting into CWM to see if using the Mounts and Storage option if you can mount /sdcard ?

If so your in business..... You can then see if your computer recognizes the device....

Edit: Do you have PDAnet installed on your computer? If not that is worth trying... Google it and install it... That might be the ticket to getting your computer to recognize it when in bootloader/fastboot.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
That ROM is for the GSM Nexus only. Next time make sure you only flash ROMs that are in your section on XDA, the Nexus S 4G section.

flexterra

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Phone isn't recognized by the computer so the above requests aren't going to work, but thanks for the help, I think the phone's just done for.. :(

joebarkho

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
yes, that rom is not out for the 4g version. you need to do this:
1. download another rom in the 4g section, i use oxygen 2.2.2
2. reboot your phone into recovery, (power + volume up)
3. go to recovery, and use the volume buttons to "mounts and storage"
4. Plug your phone into the pc, on your phone, Go down to mount usb storage at the bottom. If done so you should see a screen that says unmount and go back. Make sure you dont select sdcard mount, choose usb storage!
5. your phone should be on your pc, now drag the rom you downloaded into the harddrive of your phone.
6. back on your phone, unmount it by going back, factory reset your phone and cache from the main screen of recovery, then go down to advanced and wipe dalvik, now flash the rom you downloaded!

flexterra

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
^^ thanks for the response, clicked on the mount and unmount storage and still nothing on my PC, early on I already mounted/ umounted everything, so not sure if I screwed up something even more...

going to try and have it come up on my PC that's all I need and I'd be all set...

thanks guys

actionjackson22

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
^^ thanks for the response, clicked on the mount and unmount storage and still nothing on my PC, early on I already mounted/ umounted everything, so not sure if I screwed up something even more...

going to try and have it come up on my PC that's all I need and I'd be all set...

thanks guys

try to mount usb storage, then unplug and replug the phone, while its in the mounted mode

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The rom you flashed will run, but with no signal because its the GSM version still. A NS4G version is in the works.

Did you do a nandroid backup?

Just a heads up, take it easy if you're still new too rooting and read the rom thread before flashing.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95