[ACS] [HOW TO] Development Videos (15 Vids) 10/30/11

qbking77

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone! I have recently obtained a Nexus S 4G and will be making lots of how to videos for it! I do see there are a lot of written guides, but no videos. I did make many how to videos for the Samsung Epic and I got such a wonderful response from everyone, I figured I would expand to different devices.

Please post suggestions to future videos in this thread, or PM me!

I will be posting more how to videos very soon :D

How to root and clockworkmod the Nexus S / S 4G with one click root v3.0:
How to root and clockworkmod the Nexus S / S 4G with one click root v3.0 - YouTube

How to flash the Matr1x Kernel on the Nexus S / S 4G and overclock to 1.4Ghz:
How to flash the Matr1x Kernel on the Nexus S / S 4G and overclock to 1.4Ghz - YouTube

How to unroot the Nexus S 4G to stock Android 2.3:
How to unroot the Nexus S 4G back to stock Android 2.3.7 - YouTube

How to flash the AOSP+ Premium 2.3.5 V3.0 Rom on the Nexus S 4G:
How to flash the AOSP+ Premium 2.3.5 V3.0 Rom on the Nexus S 4G - YouTube

How to flash the TSM Pool Party Rom v1.2 on the Nexus S 4G:
How to flash the TSM Pool Party Rom v1.2 on the Nexus S 4G - YouTube

How to update to Clockworkmod 5.0.2.0 on the Nexus S 4G:
How to update to Clockworkmod 5.0.2.0 on the Nexus S 4G - YouTube

How to fix your Nexus S / S 4G Super Amoled Display Colors:
How to fix your Nexus S / S 4G Super Amoled Display Colors - YouTube

How to flash the Gears of War theme on your Nexus S 4G:
How to flash the Gears of War Theme on the Nexus S 4G - YouTube

How to flash CyanogenMod V7.1.0 On the Nexus S 4G:
How to flash CyanogenMod 7 V7.1.0 Rom on Nexus S 4G - YouTube

How to flash the NSCollab Rom on the Nexus S 4G:
How to flash the NSCollab Rom on the Nexus S 4G - YouTube

How to install Android 4.0 ICS DAILY on the Nexus S 4G:
How to install Android 4.0 ICS DAILY on the Nexus S 4G - YouTube

Android 4.0 ICS DAILY Rom on the Nexus S 4G - Stable:
Android 4.0 ICS DAILY Rom on the Nexus S 4G - Stable - YouTube

How to install the Bugless Beast Rom 2.3.7 on the Nexus S 4G:
How to install the Bugless Beast Rom 2.3.7 on the Nexus S 4G - YouTube

Youtube Channel:
qbking77's Channel - YouTube

How to install Ice Cream Sandwich Rom Port on the Nexus S 4G:
Ice Cream Sandwich Rom Port on the Nexus S 4G! - YouTube

How to root the Nexus S 4G with one click on Android 2.3: (outdated)
How to root the Nexus S 4G with One Click V2 on Android 2.3 - YouTube

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ACS] [HOW TO] Root, Unroot, Flash Roms/Kernels/Themes, and C

Hey already had a thread started for you qb but that's okay... Have at it man... Bring on the videos.

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

can you do a vid on the different roms i'm using cyanogen mod 7 but would like to see the difference between all the current roms.

SarahBlev

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Is there a way to root my nexus s WITHOUT using a pc? Mine is getting fixed and hoping root will help with the lag and battery drain?

And the awful reception...will root help or any other ways to fix because Im barely getting voice or data at home. Thank you!!

Also haven't run the update yet because one Sprint tech support urged me not to do Gingerbread... no idea what or why but do you recommend it?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Which update are you referring to for gingerbread? Gingerbread runs fine.

qbking77

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

Is there a way to root my nexus s WITHOUT using a pc? Mine is getting fixed and hoping root will help with the lag and battery drain?

And the awful reception...will root help or any other ways to fix because Im barely getting voice or data at home. Thank you!!

Also haven't run the update yet because one Sprint tech support urged me not to do Gingerbread... no idea what or why but do you recommend it?

The Nexus was released with gingerbread, so no matter what you are on Gingerbread on your phone. The latest update is 2.3.7 and I would recommend updating to it if it prompts you to update.

At the moment, I do not know of any method to root without a PC.

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

Do not ever trust that Rep again. He is so unbelievably wrong especially since every single nexus s 4g runs gingerbread from day one.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Yes I agree... Take what Sprint reps or any carrier rep says with a grain of salt. Not to insult them because there are those that do know their stuff but those are far and few between.

To many its just a part time or normal job and they don't take the time to learn anything outside of what they are expected to know from the company guidelines. Most of the time the average user hitting the various forums has more insight and knowledge than what many of them possess. Me personally if I worked at one of these jobs I would take full advantage of the devices at hand and use the heck out of them and learn as much as possible about them..

That's just me though...

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

Yes I agree... Take what Sprint reps or any carrier rep says with a grain of salt. Not to insult them because there are those that do know their stuff but those are far and few between.

To many its just a part time or normal job and they don't take the time to learn anything outside of what they are expected to know from the company guidelines. Most of the time the average user hitting the various forums has more insight and knowledge than what many of them possess. Me personally if I worked at one of these jobs I would take full advantage of the devices at hand and use the heck out of them and learn as much as possible about them..

That's just me though...

I totally agree. I hope my previous response didn't look like "F that guy". It's just sad to see such uninformed employees, especially one that claims that gingerbread is not good.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I wouldn't worry about offending anyone. Like I said, there are good employees/reps that know the product and do the research necessary to provide the consumer with proper information. Unfortunately though too many times I walk past various carrier stores and see 2 people inside working sales that could care less if its a phone or a tv they are selling and that in my opinion is completely wrong. Phones today are more than just making a phone call, for many they are a way of life, work and communication among more than just family and friends so I expect the rep supporting these devices knows what they are talking about when attempting to answer questions. If they don't or are unsure I would rather they admit it and save giving me or someone else the wrong information.

I do it all day long here at the forum. Sure I've been granted the title of Adviser but by know means do I claim to know everything and will be the first to admit in my posts if I'm unsure of something or you feel I have misinformed someone to call it to my attention. Someone out there will always know more than the next person and for that we are thankful when those people come along to provide the answer.

Slosh01

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I checked out your how-to videos as well as what you have posted on Android Creative Syndicate. Nice work, thanks.

The question that I have for you & Shabbypenguin is this - "will the Nexus S One Click Root V3.0 & Flashable CWM Update work properly on a Nexus S 4G w/Android version 2.3.7 AND Google Wallet installed on it? I got the sense from some of your other posts on ACS that this root was designed for the 2.3.5 version?"

I want to root my device so that I can utilize Titanium Backup as well as Easy Tether but don't want to loose the Wallet appl.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

It works fine. I just used it on a 2.3.7 last week.

Slosh01

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ACS] [HOW TO] Development Videos (11 Vids) 10/12/11

I just ran the process. Worked fine - no issues. Took > 15 minutes and still running v2.3.7 of Android. Time to recover apps & explore!

Last edited: