Matrix CFS v5.5 killing battery life

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So I have had a battery life problem ever since installing Matrix CFS v5.5 kernel on my Nexus 4G.

I have confirmed that the kernel does indeed cause my battery life to drop by ~40% just by flashing it. I know that the battery can't actually discharge by that amount, but when I flash it, the battery level percent goes down by 40%, when I remove it, the battery level percent does up by 40%.

Has anyone else experienced this? What kernel should I use instead. I really only want the Backlights Notification mod and maybe CPU-underclocking ability.

actionjackson22

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
download the new version, 6.5 and you can download bln contorl app for the backlights from the market. and depending on your rom, you can overclock and underclock the matrix
i use oxygen 2.2.2 with matrix 6.5 cfs underclocked to 800mhz using smartass as governer.

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
download the new version, 6.5 and you can download bln contorl app for the backlights from the market. and depending on your rom, you can overclock and underclock the matrix
i use oxygen 2.2.2 with matrix 6.5 cfs underclocked to 800mhz using smartass as governer.

Thank for the reply.

I have been using the BLN control app and I had been using the matrix kernel with the CM7 nightlies.

I'm just curious if anyone knows why my battery level drops by such a large amount simply by flashing the matrix 5.5 kernel. Mostly, so I can avoid a similar issue in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20