Sprint Nexus S 4G On T-Mobile

rushiscool

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I just bought 2 Google Samsung S 4G's (on instinct, research, and a nice deal). They are Sprint phones so I just thought I could unlock them (for T-Mobile) by putting in a sim card and getting a code for them. I later noticed they don't have sim card slots. So since they are nice phones, I'm wondering if there is a way to flash my sim card to my phone (using one sim card and a different sim card for the other phone) using a sim reader? and how to do that (if its possible)? or just, is there a way to use T-Mobile on this Sprint phone and how? Thanks

rushiscool

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Alright I'll probably sell them and get something that'll work (at the moment Sprint is too expensive for me). I knew about the bands but I was hoping there would be some extra antenna or hardware that wasn't advertized. Well thanks for clearing that up for me.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
cdma phones are completely incompatible with gsm networks. Always, and no matter what.

Unless its a world phone with a sim card slot, even then no us carrier will service it.

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
You may be able to run a world phone on TMobile or AT&T, but forget 3/4G speeds. Best you'll get is 2G and that's a big if. I know some folks who use Sprint Blackberry Bolds on GSM but they don't get the performance out of them that they'd get from a properly banded phone.