Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Sprint Nexus S 4G On T-Mobile

Hi, I just bought 2 Google Samsung S 4G's (on instinct, research, and a nice deal). They are Sprint phones so I just thought I could unlock them (for T-Mobile) by putting in a sim card and getting a code for them. I later noticed they don't have sim card slots. So since they are nice phones, I'm wondering if there is a way to flash my sim card to my phone (using one sim card and a different sim card for the other phone) using a sim reader? and how to do that (if its possible)? or just, is there a way to use T-Mobile on this Sprint phone and how? Thanks

Global Posts
    2,353 Global Posts

Default Re: Sprint Nexus S 4G On T-Mobile

Not possible.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Even if you root? If so is it just physically impossible?

physically impossible, ones gsm ones cdma. different bands... etc. wont happen sorry bout that, your besg choise s either to sell them or join sprint
    Htc Evo> Htc Evo Shift> Htc Evo 3d> Htc Arrive>Nexus S
    GPA17 underclocked
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Alright I'll probably sell them and get something that'll work (at the moment Sprint is too expensive for me). I knew about the bands but I was hoping there would be some extra antenna or hardware that wasn't advertized. Well thanks for clearing that up for me.

Global Posts
    2,353 Global Posts

Are you absolutely 100 percent positive theyre the Sprint version?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

cdma phones are completely incompatible with gsm networks. Always, and no matter what.

Unless its a world phone with a sim card slot, even then no us carrier will service it.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

You may be able to run a world phone on TMobile or AT&T, but forget 3/4G speeds. Best you'll get is 2G and that's a big if. I know some folks who use Sprint Blackberry Bolds on GSM but they don't get the performance out of them that they'd get from a properly banded phone.