Recovery IMG

beedip

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Alright well as you know Oxygen has released 2.3, and I'm trying to update. When I try to boot into recovery it wont let me saying that there is no recovery IMG on the top line of the fastboot screen in red. I re-flashed CWM from ROM Manager and I thought that might help, nope. How can I get CWM to run again so I can wipe and update?

beedip

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just used the un-root tool to 2.3.7. Then unlocked my bootloader again along with root. Thanks for the help though.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Seems as if old ROM Manager is still up to its tricks of messing up flashing recoveries, etc....

Bottom line if it comes down to it and there is a manual or optional method available of updating your CWM or something else normally performed by ROM Manager I will take that route as its more dependable than ROM Manager.

Reactions: igotsanevo4g

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
hey Paul how ya doin love my Nexus lol you are right about rom manager it causes to many probs

Seems as if old ROM Manager is still up to its tricks of messing up flashing recoveries, etc....

Bottom line if it comes down to it and there is a manual or optional method available of updating your CWM or something else normally performed by ROM Manager I will take that route as its more dependable than ROM Manager.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep... I have ROM Manager on my Nexus just for the heck of it and the few times I have used it to update the recovery, and a few other things it has caused headaches. Only thing I do like about ROM Manager is the ability to give custom filenames when used to make Nandroid backups, otherwise I treat it like we did on the Epic 4g.. BROKEN.

Sorry Koush don't take it too personal.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Yep... I have ROM Manager on my Nexus just for the heck of it and the few times I have used it to update the recovery, and a few other things it has caused headaches. Only thing I do like about ROM Manager is the ability to give custom filenames when used to make Nandroid backups, otherwise I treat it like we did on the Epic 4g.. BROKEN.

Sorry Koush don't take it too personal.

I have zero issues with RM on mine. I use it to install almost all the ROMs I review.

When he released the latest recovery I had some problems where I needed to flash it a few times for it to take but after a few incremental upgrades.

I think it's important though to be able to do what RM does and do it manually, just in case. I've had many instances where I have screwed up something and went into boot loops and needed to get back without being able to boot into the OS. I've also had one or two times where I've completely screwed the phone and had to start with ADB, those are nail bitters.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
That's cool slacker. I just prefer to do it manually or use ADB which has been very simple in my opinion. I was nervous at first about using ADB but it has proven to be very simple and reliable. I have had no problem getting even the new recovery to stick on the first try with ADB ;)

To each their own I just feel ROM Manager still has its bugs from time to time and when it comes to messing with my recoveries and such I don't need the headaches especially since we are running with no actual removable SD card to protect our data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae