Epic Dialer and MMS App On Nexus S

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys was wondering if there is a way of getting the Epics MMS and Dialer app on th nexus or maybe a theme that would make it look the same as the Epic the stock nexus dialer and mms apps are ugley...

Thanks guys and i did search for this could not find it...

Also i tried flashing the APK's but they did not like gingerbread at all i am rooted and on the stock 2.3.7 rom

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Something would have to be custom made for this to happen. Remember this is AOSP so things are very different when it comes to the dialer, mms and calendar apps. On AOSP they are very plain, simple and to the point...

The custom dialers we did on the Epic 4g aren't as easy to pull off on AOSP (we wish they were or we would have a ton of them up for you to flash already...)

We hope to see this change eventually here as many previous Epic users/devs/themers are moving over to the Nexus and are surprised at the lack of themes and customized apps to flash.

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Aww OK I guess this good phone has its draw backs but this in no way spoiles my love for this device I set up swipe today as well also I am looking in to miui rom what u think about that? Also u plan to port ace over the the ns4g?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if I'm going to dive into any further ROM work. I had fun with it but I may leave the ROM work to the devs we already have, my calling now is doing themes which gives me a much wider playing field :)

On the subject of those themed dialers, mms, etc. I would expect to see some stuff start to roll our eventually..

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I wish it was like the pre i made my own avatart theme for that one wish i could od the same for this thing lol oh well i hope some one brings webos back i love and miss it... i may test drive the miui rom and let you know what i think they have 100's of themes for that thing all over the place i am sure i can find something that i like.

sorry about the bad typing and grammer touch screen ya know lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol