1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [THEME][Oxygen 2.3] Blue Oxygen v1.0

Blue Oxygen v1.0

I did this theme for myself while running the latest Oxygen 2.3. First I like Oxygen for its simplicity and stablility. It does have a few baked in goodies for customizing but doesn't go overboard by any means. Anyways I got the idea to theme the basics of the Oxygen ROM around my setup when I added Beautiful Widgets and Go Launcher with custom skins/theme and it gave me the idea to "Go Blue". Download it if you like or not, but I felt it was only right to share

:: What is themed ::

framework-res.apk
    SystemUI.apk
    Launcher2.apk

- All status bar notifications included in those themed apps are themed blue.
    - Status bar clock, battery meters, pop ups are themed blue.
    - Notification pull down has been themed a semi transparent blue, common power widgets themed
    - Lockscreen buttons themed blue
    - Download/Progress/Volume Bars themed blue
    - Loading "spinners" themed blue
    - Stock launcher browser & phone icons changed from green to blue

I just wanted to thank Dreamsforgotten of ACS for his help on some questions and also my theme partner ZiggSevo for helping me work through some XML changes.

Screen shots in post #2

:: Installation Information ::

1. You must be running the latest .
    2. Download and place Blue Oxygen v1.0 on your sdcard
    3. Boot into CWM
    4. Wipe cache partition/dalvik cache
    5. Flash theme
    6. Reboot and enjoy

Download Link :

Go to Settings/Status Bar/Indicator Color/
    Enter in #ff00a3f6 for an exact color match with the blue theme for your Power Widget indicator bars in the notification pulldown area.

Last edited by Paul627g; 10-23-2011 at 01:43 PM.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: [THEME] Blue Oxygen v1.0

The screen shot below is how I roll and got the entire idea for the theme.

Beautiful Widgets
    Clock skin : Blueneon
    Weather skin : HDBlue

Go Launcher running FutureWorld theme.
    Last edited by Paul627g; 10-13-2011 at 11:02 AM.
    Paul

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

would this work on CM7?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

See installation instructions in OP.
    Paul

Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Let me ask you something. All you did was paint over / change the original icons and stuff right?

I'm gonna take a look at your script and see if I can make heads from tales on how to go about one. Lol. Really like this theme. Too bad I'm not on oxygen.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    Let me ask you something. All you did was paint over / change the original icons and stuff right?

I'm gonna take a look at your script and see if I can make heads from tales on how to go about one. Lol. Really like this theme. Too bad I'm not on oxygen.
    Yes on some and no on others..

Yes I recolored the icons for the status bar and other areas. Thats common, no big deal.

Other areas like the text and clock in status bar were changed by XML code modification.

Another area that I modified XML code was the notification pull down screen, stock Oxygen bypassed the normal use of images like "status_bar_background.9.png" as the background and used a font color HTML code instead. This allows you to use an image there instead of a solid color or transparency. Example see our Gears of War theme screen shot below. I did this in a few sections on the notification area.

Also I did various XML edits to change the color of the volume bars and other little detailed areas.

Your welcome to dig through and do as you please
    Paul

Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Yes on some and no on others..

Yes I recolored the icons for the status bar and other areas. Thats common, no big deal.

Other areas like the text and clock in status bar were changed by XML code modification.

Another area that I modified XML code was the notification pull down screen, stock Oxygen bypassed the normal use of images like "status_bar_background.9.png" as the background and used a font color HTML code instead. This allows you to use an image there instead of a solid color or transparency. Example see our Gears of War theme screen shot below. I did this in a few sections on the notification area.

Also I did various XML edits to change the color of the volume bars and other little detailed areas.

Your welcome to dig through and do as you please
    Cool Thanks. Gonna look through the XML. Might have a question. Not sure about that.
    Lover of all things Andi

Global Posts
    461 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikRunny v1.01

Go blue or go home. Looks good!
    Just another crazy Andi lover
    Have you been helped? "Thank" the person who helped you!! Don't be stingy!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I'm taking suggestions for an update to this theme. I'm not trying to go overboard but cover a few things I didn't the first time around...

- Overscroll glow
    -
    -
    Paul