Copy and app but install it next to itself as another app

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know, if possible, what to change inside an app so that it will install on the phone as a different app even if it's the same app of something installed?

IE: I want to take the clock app and change it (Like I did with the themes in the other thread) but instead of having to install via clockwork over the current app: I want to install it as a different app.

Obviously when I go to install it will tell me that the app is already installed and asked if I would like to replace the original one. I changed the name of the app in the manifest.xml to see if that would work. The system identified it as a different app and didn't ask to install over. However, when I attempted to install it failed.

What do I need to change to do this?

Thanks.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I get double apps pretty regularly when doing a ROM switch so it's definitely possible but I don't know the mechanics behind it.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I get double apps pretty regularly when doing a ROM switch so it's definitely possible but I don't know the mechanics behind it.

Stock system apps? Probably the app was modded before it was put in the rom and they did exactly what I want to do. Lol.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Stock system apps? Probably the app was modded before it was put in the rom and they did exactly what I want to do. Lol.
I never paid enough attention to give you a solid answer but now that you mention it, yes, im 99% sure it's system apps when it happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12