Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Lover of all things Andi

Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikRunny v1.01

Default Re: Stock Recovery image

$35 is cheaper than $100... lol
    Just another crazy Andi lover
    Have you been helped? "Thank" the person who helped you!! Don't be stingy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalt1 View Post
    $35 is cheaper than $100... lol
    You got that right.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

No TEP here, but I have the Best Buy version of it. Covers everything but lost/stolen with no deductible and no limit on replacements, $10/month.

Quote Originally Posted by the727kid View Post
    No TEP here, but I have the Best Buy version of it. Covers everything but lost/stolen with no deductible and no limit on replacements, $10/month.
    Trust me Best Buy isn't always the easiest to deal with.. As an adviser here I have heard the horror stories some have gone through to utilize that Best Buy insurance... For most it works without a hitch, but some have had a nightmare...
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Hopefully I won't ever have to deal with it lol, but I've had my share of issues with Sprint in the past as well. I just think it is absurd to pay a deductible for damage. For loss I understand, but otherwise seems unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by the727kid View Post
    Hopefully I won't ever have to deal with it lol, but I've had my share of issues with Sprint in the past as well. I just think it is absurd to pay a deductible for damage. For loss I understand, but otherwise seems unfair.
    I agree with you completely. Unfortunately that is where any company makes their money these days is on warranties and deductibles and its not just limited to cell phones.

On the flip side staying on topic with cell phones any manufacture will also stand behind the reasoning behind purchasing "manufacture approved" protective cases, holders/holsters, screen covers, etc. I've been very fortunate. I always carry my device in my front pants pocket but I always make sure screen is facing inward so its that battery door taking any trauma instead of the screen.
    Paul

Lover of all things Andi

Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikRunny v1.01

I usually throw mine in the pocket of my purse... lol. Anyway, Sprint ended up ordering me a new phone. It was a 3rd party retailer (Digital Highway) but they didn't have the parts to fix it. So in a few days, I'll be footloose and fancy free, no $$ necessary.
    Just another crazy Andi lover
    Have you been helped? "Thank" the person who helped you!! Don't be stingy!
    Paul627g likes this.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Well, knock on wood, I've never had to replace a broken phone that wasn't covered under warranty. So.... like I tell to Sprint rep every time they try and get me to buy it: It's bad luck.

Speaking of BB, you know what's a waste of money: they're buy back program. L O L! I'm gonna pay you to pay me for my phone the same price Sprint would have payed me in the first place without paying them, L O L.

I guess, more or less, I can see this maybe working on other things to make it easier to push off then trying to sell an old TV or Computer. But for the phones: it's definitely a waste.

Default Re: Returning to Stock

hey Paul would you trust this method of returning to stock

I have no idea how to use the odin.

Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    hey Paul would you trust this method of returning to stock

I have no idea how to use the odin.
    I would say its okay to use. I know qbking77 and he has done dozens and dozens of user videos on many devices and he stands behind his work.

Basically it looks like its a OneClickUnroot program that runs a series of files (images) via a DOS Batch File to automate the process and return your device to stock.
    Paul

Okay thanks, I don't plan in using it but its nice to know about it.

I will admit this "thread topic" is in need of an update/refreshing.... I will see what we can do about it in the near future.
    Paul

Great, I would love to see the Odin process in detail. But the one click unroot looks pretty cool.

I also found this as well,

I did not try it because I tried one if Pete Alfonso's ROMs. It was beyond laggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbypenguin View Post
    http://goo.gl/CFNqW pda tar
    http://goo.gl/bKCda phone tar

this assumes you know how to use odin etc etc blah blah blah.. but those are the stock files needed to restore/un"brick"
    Thank you so much, this post / these files just saved my nexus...I will make a donation for your hosting and help.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12