Returning to Stock

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Trust me Sprint is big on this 1 inch limit on cracked screens now.... It changed back a few months ago....

What's tep? 10 a month? $120 a year 240 for the length of your contract. Plus 100 deductible? The money I've saved no paying that and not breaking my phone will replace my phone if God decided to strike it with lighting. Which isn't covered anyways.

No seriously look at your contract. No "acts of god"

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Stock Recovery image

What's tep? 10 a month? $120 a year 240 for the length of your contract. Plus 100 deductible? The money I've saved no paying that and not breaking my phone will replace my phone if God decided to strike it with lighting. Which isn't covered anyways.

No seriously look at your contract. No "acts of god"

TEP. Total Equipment Protection (they need to redefine that.. ) costs $7 a month.

I know it seems like throwing money away but I have made good use of it...

- Had my daughters old Palm Pixi screen replaced 2 times before they changed the rules (free)

- Had my old BB Curve replaced entirely (free) when the device just finally took a dump

- My old Epic 4g had the external speaker replaced 2 times

- My old Epic 4g replaced 3 times and ended up finally on the NS4G due to 3 bad refurbs in a row.

So for my history the $7 a month has more than paid for itself.... To someone who hasn't needed to use the protection it does seem like wasted money. Kind of goes that way with insurance. Same thing with car/home/life insurance, if you never use it your paying for years of money just being tossed down the drain but you have no choice you need to have it.

Reactions: salpiche

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I have the TEP myself but I think it's been upped to $8 a month now. I am taking it back in today and it looks to be between a half inch and 3/4 of an inch. So far... it seems to be cracking further. I can only hope they replace it or I will be blowing up the customer service retention line. I have had multiple touch screen phones and never cracked one before. There is no reason that a phone that I've had for 2 weeks should have a cracked screen. I didn't drop it, my kids didn't chuck it across the room. It was fine on Saturday, then on Sunday, I saw the crack. My 4 year old wasn't even home at the time, and my 1 year old was sleeping.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Well hopefully you will have a good Sprint repair tech willing to work with ya... Otherwise I have heard local independant shops will usually do a screen replacement for about $35. That was mentioned by my local Sprint rep to a customer with a "shattered" EVO 3D that came in while I was standing in line for my repair..

the727kid

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

No TEP here, but I have the Best Buy version of it. Covers everything but lost/stolen with no deductible and no limit on replacements, $10/month.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

No TEP here, but I have the Best Buy version of it. Covers everything but lost/stolen with no deductible and no limit on replacements, $10/month.
Trust me Best Buy isn't always the easiest to deal with.. As an adviser here I have heard the horror stories some have gone through to utilize that Best Buy insurance... For most it works without a hitch, but some have had a nightmare...

the727kid

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

Hopefully I won't ever have to deal with it lol, but I've had my share of issues with Sprint in the past as well. I just think it is absurd to pay a deductible for damage. For loss I understand, but otherwise seems unfair.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Hopefully I won't ever have to deal with it lol, but I've had my share of issues with Sprint in the past as well. I just think it is absurd to pay a deductible for damage. For loss I understand, but otherwise seems unfair.
I agree with you completely. Unfortunately that is where any company makes their money these days is on warranties and deductibles and its not just limited to cell phones.

On the flip side staying on topic with cell phones any manufacture will also stand behind the reasoning behind purchasing "manufacture approved" protective cases, holders/holsters, screen covers, etc. I've been very fortunate. I always carry my device in my front pants pocket but I always make sure screen is facing inward so its that battery door taking any trauma instead of the screen.

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I usually throw mine in the pocket of my purse... lol. Anyway, Sprint ended up ordering me a new phone. It was a 3rd party retailer (Digital Highway) but they didn't have the parts to fix it. So in a few days, I'll be footloose and fancy free, no $$ necessary. :)

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Well, knock on wood, I've never had to replace a broken phone that wasn't covered under warranty. So.... like I tell to Sprint rep every time they try and get me to buy it: It's bad luck.

Speaking of BB, you know what's a waste of money: they're buy back program. L O L! I'm gonna pay you to pay me for my phone the same price Sprint would have payed me in the first place without paying them, L O L.

I guess, more or less, I can see this maybe working on other things to make it easier to push off then trying to sell an old TV or Computer. But for the phones: it's definitely a waste.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
hey Paul would you trust this method of returning to stock
How to unroot the Nexus S 4G back to stock Android 2.3.7 - YouTube

I have no idea how to use the odin.

I would say its okay to use. I know qbking77 and he has done dozens and dozens of user videos on many devices and he stands behind his work.

Basically it looks like its a OneClickUnroot program that runs a series of files (images) via a DOS Batch File to automate the process and return your device to stock.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I will admit this "thread topic" is in need of an update/refreshing.... I will see what we can do about it in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol