Returning to Stock

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
(ROM) Samsung Stock D720 for Nexus S 4G

This has the official stock rom from Samsung that works with Odin for repairs.

Yesterday, while trying to unlock bootloader, I used the wrong downloads for this phone. So when it finally unlocked, everything (as was warned) was erased, stuck on screen, wouldn't do anything,and this also prevented from going into recovery, using any flashable program, cwm, etc., that was available.

So found this post on xda through requests for help over there - it uses the Odin method (different from Epic) and has the downloadable files to run through Odin and resusitated my phone.

I wanted to post this for those who are having any issues - the posts over there are good, but extensive, can't tell what phone (GSM or this one), etc., for someone like myself who I consider techy until I read their posts!! It was time consuming to try to find one and be sure its what is needed.

I take no credit, it just might save you time looking if it happens, or you might want to download and have "if" it happens. I can guarantee you my copies are in a safe place!!

Reactions: Operator_ZeRo

2kmy477

May 27, 2010
Visit site

Yesterday, while trying to unlock bootloader, I used the wrong downloads for this phone. So when it finally unlocked, everything (as was warned) was erased, stuck on screen, wouldn't do anything,and this also prevented from going into recovery, using any flashable program, cwm, etc., that was available.

So found this post on xda through requests for help over there - it uses the Odin method (different from Epic) and has the downloadable files to run through Odin and resusitated my phone.

I wanted to post this for those who are having any issues - the posts over there are good, but extensive, can't tell what phone (GSM or this one), etc., for someone like myself who I consider techy until I read their posts!! It was time consuming to try to find one and be sure its what is needed.

I take no credit, it just might save you time looking if it happens, or you might want to download and have "if" it happens. I can guarantee you my copies are in a safe place!!

Thank you.What odin version should I use to flash?do I just put the PDA & Phone files into the appropriate box in odin to flash?one more question,how do I put my Nexus S into download mode to flash?

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Turn off phone, then slide open keyboard. Push down on 1 and the power button at the same time, releasing when a yellow triangle little Droid comes up.
Open Odin.
Plug phone into usb, wait till its recognized, and open to transfer files. Then start Odin with files, yellow
square will show connected, green when its running - watch it go.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
does anyone else have a problem with the Samsung .exe erroring out? when I run this, I get all the way to where it has detected my phone and I click the button to install the ROM to my phone, and I just get an error everytime. I know I have the correct drivers and everything installed because I've unlocked my bootloader also.

I am using Windows 7 btw...

mcollini

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Stock Nexus Rom for those who need it

I could use the stock d720 rom

Catfish

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

Turn off phone, then slide open keyboard. Push down on 1 and the power button at the same time, releasing when a yellow triangle little Droid comes up.
Open Odin.
Plug phone into usb, wait till its recognized, and open to transfer files. Then start Odin with files, yellow
square will show connected, green when its running - watch it go.

Slide open keyboard? Push down on 1?

where is this keyboard he's talking about, because on my Nexus S 4G it only has a virtual keyboard you can only use when the phone is turned on.

Am I missing something?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Slide open keyboard? Push down on 1?

where is this keyboard he's talking about, because on my Nexus S 4G it only has a virtual keyboard you can only use when the phone is turned on.

Am I missing something?

Those instructions were confused with the Epic 4b.c. To enter download mode l on the Nexus do the following

Power the device off. Then press and hold both volume up and down then quickly press the power button for a brief second. You should immediately go into download mode if done correctly. Otherwise just keep trying it until you get it.if you hold the power button to long it will not work.

Reactions: Catfish

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Strange i posted this as well but it was removed by an admin saying it was not right haha o well like the new photo :p

Those instructions were confused with the Epic 4b.c. To enter download mode l on the Nexus do the following

Power the device off. Then press and hold both volume up and down then quickly press the power button for a brief second. You should immediately go into download mode if done correctly. Otherwise just keep trying it until you get it.if you hold the power button to long it will not work.

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Stock Recovery image

I've been looking all over, trying to find the stock recovery image to take my phone back to stock. I tried the file download on Peteralfonso's site, but when I boot into recovery, I get a triangle with an ! in the center of it. I need to take my phone to Sprint due to a cracked screen. TIA for your help!

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Stock Recovery image

Well I tried that method as well as using CMD myself and neither worked, still no recovery image... :/

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Hopefully that cracked screen isn't more than 1 inch.... Over 1 inch in length on cracks, no TEP coverage for free.. You will have to pay the $$$ to get it fixed..

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Never heard of that cracked screen "1 inch issue", but I'm on Verizon. I cracked the screen on my Fascinate, from one corner to the other, insurance replaced it no questions asked.

tap'n

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Never heard of that cracked screen "1 inch issue", but I'm on Verizon. I cracked the screen on my Fascinate, from one corner to the other, insurance replaced it no questions asked.

tap'n
Trust me Sprint is big on this 1 inch limit on cracked screens now.... It changed back a few months ago....