Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts
    ROM
    aosp v41 (until he update

Default Returning to Stock

(ROM) Samsung Stock D720 for Nexus S 4G

This has the official stock rom from Samsung that works with Odin for repairs.

Yesterday, while trying to unlock bootloader, I used the wrong downloads for this phone. So when it finally unlocked, everything (as was warned) was erased, stuck on screen, wouldn't do anything,and this also prevented from going into recovery, using any flashable program, cwm, etc., that was available.

So found this post on xda through requests for help over there - it uses the Odin method (different from Epic) and has the downloadable files to run through Odin and resusitated my phone.

I wanted to post this for those who are having any issues - the posts over there are good, but extensive, can't tell what phone (GSM or this one), etc., for someone like myself who I consider techy until I read their posts!! It was time consuming to try to find one and be sure its what is needed.

I take no credit, it just might save you time looking if it happens, or you might want to download and have "if" it happens. I can guarantee you my copies are in a safe place!!
    Thanked by:
    alicklee likes this.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Links?
    ROM Developer

http://goo.gl/CFNqW pda tar
    http://goo.gl/bKCda phone tar

this assumes you know how to use odin etc etc blah blah blah.. but those are the stock files needed to restore/un"brick"
    Webchat support for the Official Unloved Devices Hit Squad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I've helped you then please buy me a beer
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts
    ROM

Love your title, it fit perfectly when I found somethat that worked - lol
    ROM Developer

Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    Love your title, it fit perfectly when I found somethat that worked - lol
    ???
    Webchat support for the Official Unloved Devices Hit Squad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I've helped you then please buy me a beer

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Yesterday, while trying to unlock bootloader, I used the wrong downloads for this phone. So when it finally unlocked, everything (as was warned) was erased, stuck on screen, wouldn't do anything,and this also prevented from going into recovery, using any flashable program, cwm, etc., that was available.

So found this post on xda through requests for help over there - it uses the Odin method (different from Epic) and has the downloadable files to run through Odin and resusitated my phone.

I wanted to post this for those who are having any issues - the posts over there are good, but extensive, can't tell what phone (GSM or this one), etc., for someone like myself who I consider techy until I read their posts!! It was time consuming to try to find one and be sure its what is needed.

I take no credit, it just might save you time looking if it happens, or you might want to download and have "if" it happens. I can guarantee you my copies are in a safe place!!
    Thank you.What odin version should I use to flash?do I just put the PDA & Phone files into the appropriate box in odin to flash?one more question,how do I put my Nexus S into download mode to flash?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts
    ROM

Turn off phone, then slide open keyboard. Push down on 1 and the power button at the same time, releasing when a yellow triangle little Droid comes up.
    Open Odin.
    Plug phone into usb, wait till its recognized, and open to transfer files. Then start Odin with files, yellow
    square will show connected, green when its running - watch it go.

does anyone else have a problem with the Samsung .exe erroring out? when I run this, I get all the way to where it has detected my phone and I click the button to install the ROM to my phone, and I just get an error everytime. I know I have the correct drivers and everything installed because I've unlocked my bootloader also.

I am using Windows 7 btw...

Default Re: Stock Nexus Rom for those who need it

I could use the stock d720 rom

ROM
    CM7 Nightly

Turn off phone, then slide open keyboard. Push down on 1 and the power button at the same time, releasing when a yellow triangle little Droid comes up.
    Open Odin.
    Plug phone into usb, wait till its recognized, and open to transfer files. Then start Odin with files, yellow
    square will show connected, green when its running - watch it go.
    Slide open keyboard? Push down on 1?

where is this keyboard he's talking about, because on my Nexus S 4G it only has a virtual keyboard you can only use when the phone is turned on.

Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Slide open keyboard? Push down on 1?

where is this keyboard he's talking about, because on my Nexus S 4G it only has a virtual keyboard you can only use when the phone is turned on.

Am I missing something?
    Those instructions were confused with the Epic 4b.c. To enter download mode l on the Nexus do the following

Power the device off. Then press and hold both volume up and down then quickly press the power button for a brief second. You should immediately go into download mode if done correctly. Otherwise just keep trying it until you get it.if you hold the power button to long it will not work.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,234 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ace Rom 1.7 / ACS 1.2

Strange i posted this as well but it was removed by an admin saying it was not right haha o well like the new photo :P

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Those instructions were confused with the Epic 4b.c. To enter download mode l on the Nexus do the following

Power the device off. Then press and hold both volume up and down then quickly press the power button for a brief second. You should immediately go into download mode if done correctly. Otherwise just keep trying it until you get it.if you hold the power button to long it will not work.
    Lover of all things Andi

Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikRunny v1.01

Default Stock Recovery image

I've been looking all over, trying to find the stock recovery image to take my phone back to stock. I tried the file download on Peteralfonso's site, but when I boot into recovery, I get a triangle with an ! in the center of it. I need to take my phone to Sprint due to a cracked screen. TIA for your help!
    Just another crazy Andi lover
    Have you been helped? "Thank" the person who helped you!! Don't be stingy!

Default Re: Stock Recovery image

[APP] One Click Return to stock for nexus s 4g - xda-developers is probably going to be your best bet.
    you'll lose root with that method
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker

ROM
    Lollipop Preview

when your in the "blank" recovery press and hold the power button than the volume up button and it should bring up the menu
    Thanked by:
    Lover of all things Andi

Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikRunny v1.01

Well I tried that method as well as using CMD myself and neither worked, still no recovery image... :/
    Lover of all things Andi

Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikRunny v1.01

That did it, thanks!
    NerdyNugget likes this.

Hopefully that cracked screen isn't more than 1 inch.... Over 1 inch in length on cracks, no TEP coverage for free.. You will have to pay the $$$ to get it fixed..
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Never heard of that cracked screen "1 inch issue", but I'm on Verizon. I cracked the screen on my Fascinate, from one corner to the other, insurance replaced it no questions asked.

tap'n

Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    Never heard of that cracked screen "1 inch issue", but I'm on Verizon. I cracked the screen on my Fascinate, from one corner to the other, insurance replaced it no questions asked.

tap'n
    Trust me Sprint is big on this 1 inch limit on cracked screens now.... It changed back a few months ago....
    Paul

Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Trust me Sprint is big on this 1 inch limit on cracked screens now.... It changed back a few months ago....
    What's tep? 10 a month? $120 a year 240 for the length of your contract. Plus 100 deductible? The money I've saved no paying that and not breaking my phone will replace my phone if God decided to strike it with lighting. Which isn't covered anyways.

No seriously look at your contract. No "acts of god"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    What's tep? 10 a month? $120 a year 240 for the length of your contract. Plus 100 deductible? The money I've saved no paying that and not breaking my phone will replace my phone if God decided to strike it with lighting. Which isn't covered anyways.

No seriously look at your contract. No "acts of god"
    TEP. Total Equipment Protection (they need to redefine that.. ) costs $7 a month.

I know it seems like throwing money away but I have made good use of it...

- Had my daughters old Palm Pixi screen replaced 2 times before they changed the rules (free)

- Had my old BB Curve replaced entirely (free) when the device just finally took a dump

- My old Epic 4g had the external speaker replaced 2 times

- My old Epic 4g replaced 3 times and ended up finally on the NS4G due to 3 bad refurbs in a row.

So for my history the $7 a month has more than paid for itself.... To someone who hasn't needed to use the protection it does seem like wasted money. Kind of goes that way with insurance. Same thing with car/home/life insurance, if you never use it your paying for years of money just being tossed down the drain but you have no choice you need to have it.
    Paul

Thanked by:
    Lover of all things Andi

Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikRunny v1.01

I have the TEP myself but I think it's been upped to $8 a month now. I am taking it back in today and it looks to be between a half inch and 3/4 of an inch. So far... it seems to be cracking further. I can only hope they replace it or I will be blowing up the customer service retention line. I have had multiple touch screen phones and never cracked one before. There is no reason that a phone that I've had for 2 weeks should have a cracked screen. I didn't drop it, my kids didn't chuck it across the room. It was fine on Saturday, then on Sunday, I saw the crack. My 4 year old wasn't even home at the time, and my 1 year old was sleeping.
    Lover of all things Andi

Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikRunny v1.01

Ok, had to measure it, it's an inch and a quarter. :/

Well hopefully you will have a good Sprint repair tech willing to work with ya... Otherwise I have heard local independant shops will usually do a screen replacement for about $35. That was mentioned by my local Sprint rep to a customer with a "shattered" EVO 3D that came in while I was standing in line for my repair..
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast