SDK Rom/System Dump Question

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Just looking for a broad answer here. Still finding my away, quickly; but, have not gotten into the "rom" really.

What needs to be done to take the system dump (or is it something else for the sdk rom building process), more than just making a flashable zip of the system folder, to actually get it up and running. Thanks.

:eek:

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Just looking for a broad answer here. Still finding my away, quickly; but, have not gotten into the "rom" really.

What needs to be done to take the system dump (or is it something else for the sdk rom building process), more than just making a flashable zip of the system folder, to actually get it up and running. Thanks.

:eek:

Theres a little more to it but not much. Im back to working on things, as soon as touch issue is worked out it will be released then you can use that as your base to do anything you like or help trouble shoot and solve issues cause there will be plenty of them to work out. Porting sdk is probably not something you want to try the first couple times you build/hack a rom.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
There its a lot of things or else everyone would be doing it if it was that simple. Working with the build.prop, kernel, radio, wifi, various scripts, even more advanced than my skills and i've worked on quite a few ROMs.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I knew it would be more than just that but thanks for the general answers. Exactly what I was looking for. I'm working backgrounds small to big. I don't know if I'll ever really get into it and mess with it that far in depth; but, I would like to at least try it once even if I fail (Because of lack of time to learn that far in).

I'll probably stick to themeing. :) Besides, this new ICS looks like a prettied up Cm7 to start. What more could you ask for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc