overclocking by 110

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to set my max frequency to 880 and min frequency to 110. I've tried ondemand and lazy governors. With both, I either get SODs or freezes.

What I am told is that I should increase the voltages, but that advice is somewhat nonspecific to me. What frequencies should be upped? Just 880 down to 110? Step by 25?

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to set my max frequency to 880 and min frequency to 110. I've tried ondemand and lazy governors. With both, I either get SODs or freezes.

What I am told is that I should increase the voltages, but that advice is somewhat nonspecific to me. What frequencies should be upped? Just 880 down to 110? Step by 25?

Personally I use lazy with a 110 live oc, 440/1100, no raised voltages. Deep Idle on, with Max screen off frequency. Force GPU rendering, 2048kb sd transfer speed. With moderate use, I ran from 7a - 7p yesterday, and still had 20% when I plugged in at 7p. The phone didn't freeze or give me any screen of death, and it flies.

Each phone's hardware is a little different, but that combo works for me.

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Yes. Using setcpu?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Overclocking, voltage changes, blah blah blah.. Can't we all just embrace the joy of AOSP...

hahahaha! I know I'm nuts...

I'll duck while you all throw apples and oranges..

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Overclocking, voltage changes, blah blah blah.. Can't we all just embrace the joy of AOSP...

hahahaha! I know I'm nuts...

I'll duck while you all throw apples and oranges..

Dude: you're the one who told me I had to root and mod my phone in the first place!:D

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Simon: Thanks; I'll look at how my phone responds with your settings.

Zigg: Yeah, used SetCPU...and VC...and NS Tools. Have tried running up and down the voltages. Guess my phone is stubborn.

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Could be. What kernel?

Some phones don't like certain kernels...ask Paul about trinity lol!

Edit: and you should always up your voltages before overclocking.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Dude: you're the one who told me I had to root and mod my phone in the first place!:D
Just giving you a hard time...

Kernel stink man... Sometimes they can be sweet and other times they can be a daily chore to figure out...

My device for example, it works well with Matr1x and franco's... Trinity, I've tried it doesn't react well.. Netarchy, some problems.. fire and ice or ice and fire (can't remember the name exactly) kernels, couldn't even get it to boot...

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone help me out? I have been trying for weeks to get Deck's Rom to not freeze, sleep of death, or do something stupid. I have tried the original kernel...sleep of death. Franco's force close city after a day, Glados same....Lucid Nexus works well but then I get lock ups. Can anyone help me with some settings that will help alleviate these problems?

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone help me out? I have been trying for weeks to get Deck's Rom to not freeze, sleep of death, or do something stupid. I have tried the original kernel...sleep of death. Franco's force close city after a day, Glados same....Lucid Nexus works well but then I get lock ups. Can anyone help me with some settings that will help alleviate these problems?

Need a little more information.

Are you starting off with stock clock speeds, governors, and voltage settings?

If so, it's possible there are some settings that are lingering from previous installations.

My suggestion would be to wipe dalvik cache and then to wipe any settings that may be lingering. You can grab the CWM-flashable "reset NSTools" from XDA forums. Here is the link. Flash this before you install the kernel. My suggestion is Matri1x 11.5 or franco 12/4. Both have worked nicely. If you can still get it, GLaDOS 1.6 worked really well for me.

Try stock kernel settings with deep idle OFF first. See how it goes. If no SODs or crashes/freezes, try turning deep idle on or making some other move like changing the governor to ondemand or something. If you change too many settings at once, it's hard to pin why you're crashing. May also want to increase the minimum frequency to 200; some people have it set to 400 (crazy).

If they all still cause problems, try a different ROM.

Pool Party has been good to me. Oxygen 2.3.1 is also great. Bugless Beast (GPA 19) is a close third (at least for me). Haven't tried the CM variants. Looked at NS Colab for a few minutes before moving on. Pool Party has been my daily driver for a couple weeks now (with some brief cheating on it to check out the ICS alphas).

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
+1 on Pool Party.... I really hope dreams can bring the same stability to ICS for us as he did with GB...

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
+1 on Pool Party.... I really hope dreams can bring the same stability to ICS for us as he did with GB...

Went back to GPA 19 yesterday to see if Pool Party was really that much better (because I thought GPA 19 was pretty good), and yes, PP was that much better.

Reverted.

PP + franco 12/4

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I suppose I should try pool party next...totally loving CO2 the past few days. The look and speed of it is amazing. Really like all the blues/honeycomb look(I have an asus transformer too...so I like the honeycomb look)

Maybe ill find pool party in a few days and give that a swing too. With these kinda recomendations I can't go wrong

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress