Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By igotsanevo4g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Default Nexus S 4G binaries released!

AOSP code has been released but without the binaries that include drivers and such, it cant match GB roms. BUT the binaries have been released! Expect fully functioning ICS roms soon! Yes this means working 4G.

Here's a link Binaries for Nexus Phones and Flagship Devices - Google Support for Nexus Phones and Flagship Devices - Google Code

I wish my computer could handle compiling ICS or id do it myself
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
    Thanked by 2:
    Paul627g and NerdyNugget like this.

Default Re: Nexus S 4G binaries released!

Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post

I wish my computer could handle compiling ICS or id do it myself
    Mine probably could even though it doesn't meet the "minimum" requirements but then again how many users do really?

I'm running a 3 month old Dual Core Win 7, 8 gig of RAM 650 gig HD..... So I'm real close to min specs...

Last time I tried installing Ubuntu and went to sync the source tree it never would happen so I gave up....
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Yeah you have plenty. I'm running Ubuntu on a old P4 2.4ghz with 756mb ram. Its bad.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

I wouldn't been surprised to see Google drop OTA for us this weekend... Its obvious they have everything they need together.... They just dropped it for the Nexus S so maybe were in line tomorrow or something for it....
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

We can hope. Google only said GSM though.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Yeah you have plenty. I'm running Ubuntu on a old P4 2.4ghz with 756mb ram. Its bad.
    I got ububtu 11.10 on a imac. 2006.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    I got ububtu 11.10 on a imac. 2006.
    My PC is from 05. I feel your pain haha. I was able to mess around with GB but to even think about touching ics is a waste of time

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

My PC is from 05. I feel your pain haha. I was able to mess around with GB but to even think about touching ics is a waste of time

Lol. At least its not a mac hahaha. It runs funky on that thing.
    Retired Ambassador

Just bought a brand spankin new 6 core amd Phenom with 16gb of ram. I probably have the computer for it, just not the experience or know how to do it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

I think the developers have done an amazing job with what they have, but the kudos over at XDA are over the top. The typical comment is :"This is the bestest ROM ever, absolutely amazing,Just one thing: the phone doesn't work. Wifi doesn't work either. And, oh, GPS doesn't work. And it shuts down twice a day But, it is still the best. Ever."
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Just bought a brand spankin new 6 core amd Phenom with 16gb of ram. I probably have the computer for it, just not the experience or know how to do it.

Asus best buy special?

~I'm dreaming of an Ice Cream Sandwich Christmas~

I think that I could do it too with my server at work, but I am sure somebody more experienced that me will have done it by now.

FWIW the server is a new SGI Cloud Server that has only 132 cores right now and 96gb memory. We are thinking of an upgrade, lol.

I think we will see some type of goodness this weekend I hope... AOSP from the oICS ROM is working on Android 4.0.3 with the binaries as we speak
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by dodgebusta View Post
    ~I'm dreaming of an Ice Cream Sandwich Christmas~

I think that I could do it too with my server at work, but I am sure somebody more experienced that me will have done it by now.

FWIW the server is a new SGI Cloud Server that has only 132 cores right now and 96gb memory. We are thinking of an upgrade, lol.
    Gee only 132 cores and 96 gb... what a shame.... LOL... Awesome.
    Paul

Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    Asus best buy special?
    No... A HP best buy special. Almost did the asus but refuse to buy a computer that has the video card built on the motherboard. I'm greedy like that. I don't like sharing memory.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    I think we will see some type of goodness this weekend I hope... AOSP from the oICS ROM is working on Android 4.0.3 with the binaries as we speak
    Aosp said he's working on it

If anyone with the hardware would like to take a stab at it, I'd be glad to help them. Its pretty straightforward