[ROM] [17 DEC] ICS 4.0.3 IML74K AOSP source build

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Backing up and trying now. :) Read about a gapps problem. Not sure which gapps they were using; but, I will be trying to one from the CM9 Kangs forum.

Will report back soon.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep were talking about a build that is literally an hour or so old... They are testing and experimenting as it goes... I would guess by evening or tomorrow they will have GAPPS and other little issues hammered out.

It has working 4g ! With a widget so... Thats a step in the right direction.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yep were talking about a build that is literally an hour or so old... They are testing and experimenting as it goes... I would guess by evening or tomorrow they will have GAPPS and other little issues hammered out.

It has working 4g ! With a widget so... Thats a step in the right direction.

Yea, I was just going to stay with Asops build but I'm bored, haha. Just trying it out. Also, it seemed like Wallet was the problem. If that's the case just remove it and it should be good.

(Booting now)

I hope we get official build soon. I'm thinking about going to Verizon soon, actually. Haven't decided. Only if the GN ends up free on Amazon or BB though. But, might wait and see who else is to get it.

Gapps? huh???

Google apps.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Ya I don't see what all the stink is over Google Wallet.. . I mean sure its a cool thing waving your phone in front of a display to pay for things but I'm not in that much of a hurry to spend my money... hahha

First thing everyone seems to be crying about these days... Wallet doesn't work... Who cares... Pull out some cash or a CC like we did a few months ago...

DeathsArrow

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I guess if you use Wallet then you'd care but the locations are far and few between where I am so I could care less for the most part except for McDonald's which I don't go to very often.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I guess if you use Wallet then you'd care but the locations are far and few between where I am so I could care less for the most part except for McDonald's which I don't go to very often.

I'm not knocking it but its new and like you said its support is far and few between... Just cracks me up though that it always seems to be the topic of discussion for any new ICS ROM releases ATM...

I rather have everything else working and then jump back to fix the "extras" like Wallet or Face Lock, etc.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Ya I don't see what all the stink is over Google Wallet.. . I mean sure its a cool thing waving your phone in front of a display to pay for things but I'm not in that much of a hurry to spend my money... hahha

First thing everyone seems to be crying about these days... Wallet doesn't work... Who cares... Pull out some cash or a CC like we did a few months ago...

I'll care about Google Wallet when they have Visa support. And, further more: I noticed a big flaw with it. You need internet connection to use it; and, if your in a building that doesn't have great signal your screwed. IE: When you go into the basement of Macy's and try to use it to pay or get a discount. Good luck holding up the line.

Ok. 4.0.3 build. SLOW!!!!! I did the customary reboot after install and still SLOW! And that's after taking the live wallpaper off. Not even gonna bother messing with it.

If you want to, however, gapps from CM9 Kangs post works. No wallet issue cause there is no wallet. Talk launches but it was showing everyone offline for me. I'm sure it works though. Maybe a FC needed to be done.

Bottom line. It's way to laggy.

It's all there though and with some tweaks it could be swell. Says it's running 3.0 Kernel...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but it's encouraging that rom's based off the ota's and binaries are coming out the very next day. I figure at this rate we will see at least 3 more by the end of the weekend. :D

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm running it right now with gapps ripped from gnex. Its awesome, loads better than anything I've tried. Smooth, fast, fluid. I'm not going back to gb :)

Make sure you get the gapps from page 12 of that thread.
Only problem is wallet doesn't work. EVERYTHING else does.

Dunno why its so bad for others...

Sent from my Full Android on Crespo4G using Tapatalk

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I will be sticking with aosp and Koush's builds - they won't be first, but their notes are "working on it"

Being first to me is not important, having a working phone with a build is. I'm not going to experiment with a beginner (and no offense to them, I think it is very cool that more people are doing this, it bodes better results in the long term for everyone).

I'm waiting for the tried and true developers that I know have expertise, read their threads, respond, and fix. Needless to say, I have been flashing these two versions more in a couple of weeks than I have since I got the phone!! But they are doing a great job and will have a great product out asap, and I sure don't want anymore parts and pieces.

And bump, ditto, another exclamation on Wallet - I could care less, had it since day 1 and yet to use it. People act like their mortgage is paid this way and they will lose their house if not working!!