[ROM][ICS] Pete Alfonso's Nightlies

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Buglessbeast 4.0.3?

The only issue I had was with the calendar app syncing for multiple Google calendars, but I fixed that by downloading the updated gapps from the xda developer site.

Not sure I did the best job searching XDA, but where are those Gapps?

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
When the next nightly hits I'm going to try Petes. There were a couple of items he was going to fix for the next build.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's moot now that there is a new nightly up...but did anyone have trouble with their GMail or K9 syncing?

My K9 mail said "syncing disabled." Not sure where that would be set (it wasn't in K9).

Maybe just time to try the new nightly.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the 12-20-2011 version of Pete's ICS ROM and it works really well. This time I didn't need to install gapps separately to get the Google Calendar to sync with multiple calendars. I've tested 4G, GPS, and Hotspot WiFi capabilities and they all work great.

I did have to uninstall my old installation of Netflix (from a Gingerbread backup) and download/install the latest version from the Android Market (which was updated for Android 4.0).

The only thing that is missing, is the BLN mod for this ROM. An excellent ROM by Pete Alfonso. I hope he can tweak it to help extend the battery life.

okstranger

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have mms download working? Seems to always be broken for me with Pete's roms.Usually I just use apn manager to fix but it doesn't work on ics. As always his roms are the smoothest available so I don't want to switch because of one issue.

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Flashed this last night, and its by far the smoothest of the 4.0.3's I've tried, on mine at least.

Battery life has been very good, and the UI is fast. All apps are behaving nicely and no fc's yet.

Thank you Pete, your work always rocks!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
so with nightly builds, do you lose everything each time you flash a new version? i am running his nightly from the 20th and its great but i want to keep updating!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
so with nightly builds, do you lose everything each time you flash a new version? i am running his nightly from the 20th and its great but i want to keep updating!

All depends on if he suggests a full wipe or not...

Most times with night-lies you can get away with doing a cache partition wipe and dalvik cache wipe which won't cause you to loose data. Try that first, if you run into problems (FC's or whatever) then you will have to go back and wipe data, cache, partition.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
All depends on if he suggests a full wipe or not...

Most times with night-lies you can get away with doing a cache partition wipe and dalvik cache wipe which won't cause you to loose data. Try that first, if you run into problems (FC's or whatever) then you will have to go back and wipe data, cache, partition.

About to flash over an earlier nightly so we'll see how it goes :p

Sent from my iPride 4G

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Does this ICS build include the 4g Widget like oICS? :cool: Also does glados or any of the ICS kernels work on this?

Yep, 4g widget is in it. I'm still using the kernel that came with it, so I don't know if any of the others work.

I've been going back and forth between this and v41, and this one is a little faster, but both have the same battery life.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Loco Wit The Pre

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
What can be backed up and then reinstalled after flashing one of the ICS ROMs? I am assuming that the gapps need to be left out, since ICS would have newer ones, right?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Trial and error... but yes don't restore gapps. Try one at a time. You will find some don't work in ics yet.

Sent from my Ice Cream Nexus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol