[ROM][ICS] Pete Alfonso's Nightlies

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I was trying out the leaked IMM76, I did a full wipe and never made it past the Google boot screen. That's the first issue I've had with his rom. I just went back to the leak, it seems solid for a leak. I'll try Pete's rom again tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I wish the changelog was a bit more detailed. The 3/29 release was ridiculously smooth. My brother is still on 3/29 and I'm on 4/02 and it's a night and day difference. 4/03 is supposed to be better, and I'm about to find out for myself, but there are wildly conflicting reports on XDA about it.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
So far I have to say it's pretty smooth. But who really knows for sure. No boot loop problems for me. Knock on wood. I've been playing around with Instagram.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Only did a cache/dalvik and 4/03 booted right up. Seems a lot better than what I was getting with 4/02.

How are you liking Instagram? So. Many. People. Complaining. about it today it's unreal.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
What can you really complain about it? It does what it's supposed to. I did find a bug trying to upload already taken pictures. There are good and bad to it. I will still use the nexus camera for day in and day out usage. Instagram for fun use. It's just another social network to join.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Exactly.

A few (phone)camera snobs were complaining about the lack of tilt-shift but mostly people were complaining about it looking like an iOS port and not following the Google design guidelines. As if it's the only app that doesnt. Others saying that there are better photo filter apps out there.

I don't care if I never use it for picture taking. There are plenty of people who aren't my friends for instance, like bands, that use it to chronicle the tour theyre on or whatnot. Oh well.

For not having any tweaks like Deep Idle or other trickery, this build with his own kernel is getting great battery life so far along with being really smooth. Good job Pete.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
He just updated the nightlie again. Fixes all the bootloop issues. New Kernel and a change
to the framework. Man this guy works fast. I will probbaly update later tonight. I'm not have any issues right now. Battery life is awesome. Can't complain at all. I have been running this since early december.

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Updating mine in a few minutes, i saw in twiter 10 min ago, he just added a new Radio as well, D720SPRLC1

Last edited:

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Updated to R4/04/2012, after that dirty flashed the new radio. will see how things run now, for now i can see the yellowish colors that some were reporting is gone.
CPU governos and clocking are available again (Don't know if it was available after 03.29) since i just upgraded from 03.29 to 04.04

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys, i didn't know about the Radio since it was my first time flashing one. so far this version feels faster/smooth, maybe it's just in my mind, but i could swear it feels faster. there is also a little cursor/ball now when you navigate the screens, appears when you touch the screen with the finger. i'll be testing my GPS soon, so far everything else is working as always.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, i didn't know about the Radio since it was my first time flashing one. so far this version feels faster/smooth, maybe it's just in my mind, but i could swear it feels faster. there is also a little cursor/ball now when you navigate the screens, appears when you touch the screen with the finger. i'll be testing my GPS soon, so far everything else is working as always.

Cursor ball? What? I don't see that? Maybe you have something turned on

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about you guys but after flashing to 4-4-12 I really see a difference in the screen now. Has anyone tried downloading the update to gmail in the market? I can't seem to download it.

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried updating gmail, and there is an error that says package file was not signed correctly, unistall the previous copy of the app and try again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante