[ROM][ICS] Pete Alfonso's Nightlies

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I saw it on my twitter feed. I follow Peter. This new update is so sweet. The power bar widget is so nice. Saves me space on one of my screens. No longer need to use my beautiful widgets widgets for those.
I ask if its possible to put 4G in the widget bar. Then I would be super happy. Is there any way to get a percent where the battery is instead of the battery level icon?

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow, this thing is smooth, i can't believe i'm flashing nightlys every couple of days and everything i do with my phone works without any issues :), this ROM is vey stable and robust. My hat to Peter Alfonso.

Have anybody noticed the CPU Performance option where you can adjust min and max CPU ?. i don;'t rememeber that option being there before.
The power widget is a great idea, i can toggle the wifi - hotspot from there.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this thing is smooth, i can't believe i'm flashing nightlys every couple of days and everything i do with my phone works without any issues :), this ROM is vey stable and robust. My hat to Peter Alfonso.

Have anybody noticed the CPU Performance option where you can adjust min and max CPU ?. i don;'t rememeber that option being there before.
The power widget is a great idea, i can toggle the wifi - hotspot from there.

Noticed the CPU Performance option; it's definitely new in this latest build. But I have no idea what the different settings mean. It's set on default under "interactive."

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I also noticed the default CPU governor set to interactive, in my wife's phone with Cyanogen 7.2, the governor is set to ondemand by default.

Found a little explanation doing a google search about the CPU governors, since i had no idea what the use was for them

CPU Governors

----
ondemand
Available in most kernels, and the default governor in most kernels. When the CPU load reaches a certain point (see "up threshold" in Advanced Settings), ondemand will rapidly scale the CPU up to meet demand, then gradually scale the CPU down when it isn't needed. - SetCPU website

conservative
Available in some kernels. It is similar to the ondemand governor, but will scale the CPU up more gradually to better fit demand. Conservative provides a less responsive experience than ondemand, but can save battery. - SetCPU website

performance
Available in most kernels. It will keep the CPU running at the "max" set value at all times. This is a bit more efficient than simply setting "max" and "min" to the same value and using ondemand because the system will not waste resources scanning for the CPU load. This governor is recommended for stable benchmarking. - SetCPU website

powersave
Available in some kernels. It will keep the CPU running at the "min" set value at all times. - SetCPU website

userspace
A method for controlling the CPU speed that isn't currently used by SetCPU. For best results, do not use the userspace governor. - SetCPU website

Interactive

The 'interactive' governor has a different approach. Instead of sampling the cpu
at a specified rate, the governor will scale the cpu frequency up when coming
out of idle. When the cpu comes out of idle, a timer is configured to fire
within 1-2 ticks. If the cpu is 100% busy from exiting idle to when the timer
fires then we assume the cpu is underpowered and ramp to MAX speed.

If the cpu was not 100% busy, then the governor evaluates the cpu load over the
last 'min_sample_rate' (default 50000 uS) to determine the cpu speed to ramp down to.

Reactions: corolla90

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I usually don't play around with the CPU. I have learned from my Palm Pre days if you don't know what your doing, it can really effect your battery life, stablilty and your overall experinnce with the phone.

I am just going to leave it at what Peter has it set to. Still the best ROM out there. The GPS is a ing joke how fast it locks on! LOVE IT!

luismpr

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
i just flashed it, so smooth its amazing. only issue i have is that the interface part of the "display & interface" disapeared after i flashed some inverted g apps and installed voodoo and nstools. im running matr1x 14.4 colors

UPDATE: scratch that, had to reflash the kernel. noob mistake lol

Last edited:

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Voice mail issue while using bugless beast.

So I haven't had any issues until now. When I try to hear my voice mail I get the number you called is incorrect. How can I fix this?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: Voice mail issue while using bugless beast.

Oh I figured it out, if you go under phone settings and voice mail number mine said *86. I changed it to my number and its all good. I hope somebody can use this.

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I usually don't play around with the CPU. I have learned from my Palm Pre days if you don't know what your doing, it can really effect your battery life, stablilty and your overall experinnce with the phone.

I am just going to leave it at what Peter has it set to. Still the best ROM out there. The GPS is a ing joke how fast it locks on! LOVE IT!

I went back to interactive, it seems to go faster through the battery when the governor is set to ondemand, although i was using the wifi hot spot a lot more today.
I also had the oportunity to test the GPS after this last flash, and like you, had the same experience, it literally locked within 2 sec after saying the address.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you guys saw this but you can control what is in the power notification drop down. I think its under settings> display and interface> notification drawer>widget button and Widget button order.

::::update not all the buttons work or show up yet. Some of the code is still not done. I guess peter might redo the button icons.::::::

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm