It's kind of sad...

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Um, yeah.

I'm not seeing a reason to go back to GB now that the 4.0.3 ROMs are out.

Running Alfonso's ROM right now along with GLaDOS 2.2. Very smooth. Tried out Dooderbutt with Matr1x as well....another great ROM.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Um, yeah.

I'm not seeing a reason to go back to GB now that the 4.0.3 ROMs are out.

Running Alfonso's ROM right now along with GLaDOS 2.2. Very smooth. Tried out Dooderbutt with Matr1x as well....another great ROM.

I am in the exact opposite camp. I haven't found anything about ICS that makes me want to leave GB. Which has so far been much faster, much smoother and much more stable than any version of ICS I've tried.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

the727kid

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I am in ever exact opposite camp. I haven't found anything about ICS that makes me want to leave GB. Which had so far been much faster, much smoother and much more stable than any version of ICS I've tried.

^^This...

I Won't even try the ICS roms anymore... Went from CM7 to one of the roms and it was like going from a Ferrari to a Geo Metro it was so slow.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't go back. It's a little slower; but, not by much... I went back to Cm7 for like 2 minutes the other day and couldn't take it. I love ICS.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I can't go back. It's a little slower; but, not by much... I went back to Cm7 for like 2 minutes the other day and couldn't take it. I love ICS.

I just don't understand the love affair with ICS. It's slow, it's laggy, app drawer and especially the gallery is plain ugly and not to mention the cartoonish icons and dock.

The fact that it isn't all that stable should change as the developers get more time with it but you can't fix ugly. For me the only improvement I see is the settings menu. Which I do believe, is laid out very nice.

Yeah, ICS is new but being new doesn't automatically make it better. It has a long way to go to be a daily driver on my phone but it's kind of fun flashing the Roms and watching it develope.

Who knows in time it may become something I'll leave on my phone. But as of now, I prefer the looks and performance of GB.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of suddle things that I go back and miss. The keyboard. It'd slightly different. Not by much but it makes a difference to me.

The web browser is 10x better and faster than the gb one. Love the new Gmail and talk look.

Stuff like that. And personally I love the look all around.

O. And voice to text is amazing on here now.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I just don't understand the love affair with ICS. It's slow, it's laggy, app drawer and especially the gallery is plain ugly and not to mention the cartoonish icons and dock.

The fact that it isn't all that stable should change as the developers get more time with it but you can't fix ugly. For me the only improvement I see is the settings menu. Which I do believe, is laid out very nice.

For me with some of the latest ICS ROMs and kernels, I find performance just about on par with GB. I don't find it ugly and like some of the enhancements and changes in some of the gapps.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Love ICS......such a better experience for me than when Gingerbread first came out.......and considering I used adw ex with custom icons, I don't really remember what gb looked like. I wonder how people will feel about ics in 6-12 months when all the roms match the amount of tweaks that current gb rooms have now.......

Long days and pleasant nights............

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I think in a month or so we'll start getting some better performing ics roms. Its like gingerbread on my og Droid when the source first dropped. Sure everyone and their mothers were throwing together roms and some were decent but for the most part almost halfbaked and rushed. I stayed on froyo for a while and before ya knew it they got all the bugs worked out. Until I feel ics roms are at that point I'll have my hat thrown in with Gingerbread.

Sent from my iPride 4G

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The ROMs will improve.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the OTA update for the Nexus S 4G hasn't even come out yet, no?

I too see a slight lag, but I honestly don't think about it after a while. The only thing that I really don't like about it is the way we add widgets now. DUMB.

Was getting bored with the GB look. Agree with above: GMail's new look is great! Love the contacts arrangement and the app drawer.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The ROMs will improve.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the OTA update for the Nexus S 4G hasn't even come out yet, no?

I too see a slight lag, but I honestly don't think about it after a while. The only thing that I really don't like about it is the way we add widgets now. DUMB.

Was getting bored with the GB look. Agree with above: GMail's new look is great! Love the contacts arrangement and the app drawer.

I don't mind the way you add widgets. Kinda cool seeing them before you put them out. I'm impartial though.

I like the new mail widget. Wish they had one for SMS.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Very soon the theme devs will be working on hacking this stuff apart and there will be plenty of options available to start customizing ICS to your specific tastes... Remember visual effects are relatively easy its the hard coding and trouble shooting of hardware & software related problems that take some time... Thankfully most issues have been hammered out already.

The last remaining issue right now is the kernel devs coming up with a stable kernel base with voodoo and NSTools support that "works" 100% and they can customize from there...

I would imagine in a few weeks after the holidays we will start to see a flow of custom widgets, icons and themes start to pop up....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz