1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter's Bugless Beast ICS

Default ICS Rom question. Which one?

So I see all these different ICS ROMs here. Which one is the best and cleanest? I sometimes
    feel finding the right ROM to be a pain. Can anyone chime in with what they like or they do not like.
    I want something that works well and is running everything.

Thank you.
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: ICS Rom question. Which one?

The only one that runs on my phone properly is oICS roms. v43 is running real good with the matr1x kernal But if your rooted, why not try them all? I have!

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS flavor of the day....

Well, you kinda need to run as many as possible to find which runs best on your phone. I have run most(except for cm9 and snandlal) and have found that aosp's and beezy's run best for me. Beezy's aosp-dooderbut was the first first release that I had run without any issues at all and aosp's v36 and v41 also ran great. Again though, this is running my phone and my settings....... happy flashing!

Long days and pleasant nights............
    beer of choice right now is...........Sieara Nevada's Ruthless Rye IPA..........mmmmmmmm......

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9 Nightlies

oICSv43 is the way to go and i second matr1x... though I was on glados for a good minute. Try all of the 4...5...6 idk how many there are now and decide for yourself. Everyone's phone runs different just make sure to cwm backup / restore so you can easily switch to the one you like the most in the end
    Support Our DEVELOPERS!!!

I too am about to move from Epic to Nexus S for the 1st time- Are any ICS ROMS reliable from Rom Manager? Would like to keep things simple as possible- I don't mind having to buy an app or two.

Any links to the easiest way to unlock and install the latest CWM (still needed?) as some threads seem out of date.

Appreciate the noob Nexus help.

Stay away from ROM Manger brandonc... Just my personal opinion but I've had more bad issues with ROM Manager than good... I know its fully supported with the NS4G and has ROM listing but it seems like if you mess around with allowing ROM Manager to update your recovery or whatever it borks it most of the time...

Just stick to using your regular CWM and manually downloading your ROMs like we always have... Less headaches...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central