newbie, unlocking, rooting, flashing, etc...

jaywillin

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
i'm looking forward to being able to get ics on my nexus s 4g, but i'm just starting out,
and having some trouble.
i've gotten the phone unlocked, and i thought they way i had done it installed twrp.
when i'm in bootloader mode, i scroll to recovery, i get a android man in front of a yellow triangle ?
starting to wonder if i should just wait on sprint/google/samsung to give me the ics themselves
any help, thoughts would be appreciated !
jay

jaywillin

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
well, that bit , i guess this is the frustration, thought i had it,files got pushed over, scrolled through files that were loaded, phone said congratulations, enjoy. i followed right prompts for nexus s 4g, selected first twrp, then clockwork, got the same yellow triangle and droid guy.
i was able to get it back to stock, maybe try again ?? lol

jaywillin

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
tried again, starting over from scratch, took a couple of tries, but i'm unlocked, with recovery, superuser , etc ! persistence paid off

jaywillin

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
thanks, and now that i have that all done, it'll be hard todecide what to do next,
ics , but which version, seems like there's a new one daily , lol

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes there is many to choose from. Best suggestion is grab a few throw then on your device and take each one for a day or two test drive.

I would start right here with AC's own in house dev beezy and his Dooderbutt ICS and go from there .

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463