Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Default Re: [ROM] JRO03R - Stock 4.1.1 - Rooted, Deodexed [Updated 09/23/2012]

I'm having problems with my
    Drivers. I installed the PDA n I received the pop up to choose what type of phone and I picked Samsung but I keep having problems with it because a message pops up n says that there is an error then uninstalls it. It also does not recognize my device. I tried the junefabrics website and downloaded the 64 bit witch is what my computer is but I'm still having the same problem. Pls help me figure this out I really want to root my nexus.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

Default Re: [Guide] Rooting the Nexus S 4G (Windows Version)

Try the 32 bit version of PDAnet and see if anything changes...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth 4.2.2/Lean

Will the "one click" version work on stock jb?

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Yes it will

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Windows SDK Rooting Guide

Thank you

Any reason why One-Click shouldn't be working with JB 4.1.1? I've installed the drivers on my Windows 7 PC, but when I run the One-Click program, it says it can't find my device. Suggestions?

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Reboot computer, enable USB debugging on your phone, install drivers via pdaNet, just a few hoping that helps

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

In my limited experience, when I have had issues with the phone being seen by the PC, I have found though I have had USB Debugging selected in settings, it isn't for some reason in debugging mode, so I have found it helps to uncheck USB debugging and then recheck it.

Default Re: [Root] Rooting the Nexus S 4G (Windows Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Option to try...

I guess go back and act if you are doing a fresh install...

Have that file ready on your computer. When and if you get booted into CWM recovery you have an option called Mounts & Storage from the main list.

Choose that option, then choose MOUNT USB STORAGE.

That will then connect your device to your computer and you can then move the Superuser file over to your device via Windows Explorer and then exit the USB MOUNT and then flash/install the Superuser apk.

Then you can reboot, and you should have root access and you CWM should stick instead of being erased.
    BTW this OP worked great, I did the manual method and it was rooted in no time. However in my experience doing this, as Step 13 wipes the SD Card, it makes Step 16 moot as there is no file in the SD card, or maybe I put it the SU in the the wrong part of the SD card, however I was expecting that so I used the quoted Section as the first part of Step 16 and success. Thanks for the really helpful instructions!
    Thanked by:

Default Re: One Click Root Method

How do I place the Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip on root level internal storage/sdcard. Where can I find that location?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  

You plug your device into your computer and the location it opens to using Windows Explorer is your sdcard. Place it there and then you can locate it from within recovery to complete the rooting process to be flashed.
    Paul

I just tried to download the one click file and got a file not found error?

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

ok when i start step 10,and enter cmd and type (\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\.)i get system cannot find right path specified.am i spuppose to type it like this (cd c:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\) just as shown or (android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\) tried both ways and get same thing..when my cmd opens shows c:/user/user..please help
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

Quote Originally Posted by CHEOYKELL View Post
    ok when i start step 10,and enter cmd and type (\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\.)i get system cannot find right path specified.am i spuppose to type it like this (cd c:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\) just as shown or (android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\) tried both ways and get same thing..when my cmd opens shows c:/user/user..please help
    Another way to work around this is..

Using Windows Explorer, find and locate your Android SDK folder on your computer. Then navigate to the /platform-tools/ folder. Once your inside that folder hold SHIFT and right click your mouse to open a pop up menu. You should see the option Open Command Line or Prompt.

Select that and then skip to Step 12 to perform the process which is unlocking the boot loader.

fastboot oem unlock

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Paul

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

thank you..ok found out what you meant..but i am running into this problem now,problem of not having the platform-tools folder in your android-sdk-windows(on the tip part. under step).But now when I open the android sdk manager, a cmd-like screen just briefly flashes on for half a second then disappears. I have no idea what's going on and how to get this thing working.(should i also download this?( )
    Last edited by CHEOYKELL; 07-24-2013 at 08:13 PM.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

thank you..ok found out what you meant..but i am running into this problem now,problem of not having the platform-tools folder in your android-sdk-windows(on the tip part. under step).But now when I open the android sdk manager, a cmd-like screen just briefly flashes on for half a second then disappears. I have no idea what's going on and how to get this thing working.(should i also download this?( )
    To make things easier on you so you can get over this hump I have provided a zip file for you. Take this file and extract its contents to your Android SDK folder. You can make one called " platform-tools " if you like. I pulled the important contents you need from my Android SDK/platform-tools/ folder for you

Once you have done that you can again do as I suggested, navigate to this new folder and its contents using Windows Explorer. Press and hold SHIFT key then right click on your mouse to open the Command Window Here option. Then jump back to Step 12, fastboot oem unlock and lets rock

platform-tools.zip
    Paul

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

thank you so much for your help..worked like a charm...whats a good rom and kernel bundle to download thats very good and stable.and that everything works 100% like wifi,camera,etc....
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

Glad to help!

As for ROMs & kernels, I've been out of the NS4G scene for a while myself but my personal preference has always been sticking with the well known names like CM or AOKP. Not to say there isn't other good ROM devs and options out there but I know when I load up CM or AOKP it works, period.

As for kernels, again I roll with well known/proven kernels. I've been a fan of AOKP builds for well over a year. Ran it on my NS4G, now on my GNex and Nexus 7. I love the freedom of customization they build in and again, everything works as expected.

Good luck and enjoy your rooted NS4G! Very pleased to offer my hand in helping you out.

Paul.
    Paul

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Whats a good Cm and kernel combo I can flash..looked through here couldnt really find Cm's.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  

Best thing to do is grab Goo Manager from the Play Store and that will have many of the top ROMs to pick from. It also automatically filters out only ROMs for your device so there is little or no chance of mistake. CM, AOKP and many others are supported by Goo Manager.

Goo Manager will automatically download the ROM, GAPPS package, update your custom recovery and you can flash right from there into your newly downloaded ROM. It also alerts you to any updates, etc..
    Paul

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

OK cool will do.so I find a ROM and kernel in too manager.download it.and then I would need to go to recovery to flash right?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  

OK cool will do.so I find a ROM and kernel in too manager.download it.and then I would need to go to recovery to flash right?
    Once its downloaded via Goo Manager, you can return to the main screen and the option is there to flash. It will ask you what you want to do, make a Nandroid backup, wipes, etc. and then from there it will automatically do its thing and boot into your custom recovery and handle it all for you
    Paul

Thanked by:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123