Unofficial CM9 Kangs by irtehun

luismpr

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I do like this rom but i would prefer it more if it didn't have the dsp manager built in. I still think volume plus is better. Looks like I may have to dig it out of the zip and reflash it. Then it would be perfect.

im a newb.so if i may ask what exactly is the dspmanager?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
For some unknown reason today, I ended up in boot loops that I couldn't stop from happening. I haven't made any changes to the ROM except remove some apps I didn't want but that was right after installing back a few days ago.

I ended up wiping dalvik cache and flashed Matr1x v17 again. Things seem to be okay now. Going to have to contribute this one to the kernel having some kind of freak out after days of solid running.

Fyi was running Matr1x untouched, just flashed and never touched a kernel setting.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
For some unknown reason today, I ended up in boot loops that I couldn't stop from happening. I haven't made any changes to the ROM except remove some apps I didn't want but that was right after installing back a few days ago.

I ended up wiping dalvik cache and flashed Matr1x v17 again. Things seem to be okay now. Going to have to contribute this one to the kernel having some kind of freak out after days of solid running.

Fyi was running Matr1x untouched, just flashed and never touched a kernel setting.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

This does sound like an atypical situation.

I really think this has been an excellent ROM overall. The only problems I've encountered have been that single GPS failure and for some reason my calendar stopped syncing -- wasn't even a checkbox option in the settings. Probably something I did while messing with Titanium or flashing themes.

Either way, it's all back in good working condition.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Battery preservation script...?

Just wanted to carry over something from the Matr1x thread over at xda. Kyouko created an init.d file that changes the governor when the screen is off to something more preserving of battery power. You can follow the rest of the thread here (around page 265).

If you don't want to use the script, you can use NS Tools to set your default governor at something more robust like performance, smartassv2, intellidemand and then use SetCPU to create a profile for screen off (would recommend only screen off profile) and have that set to something like 200/800 with the wheatley governor or conservative (haven't tried conservative).

A few people, myself included, have noticed better battery when the phone is idle. I'm running CM9 nightly KANG and Matr1x 17, and it is working well.

Reactions: Paul627g

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
You can get ChompSMS for using an onboard keyboard now. No need to wait for Cupcake, although it only works for SMS.

The script has been tested and it doesn't work from what I'm told. The script was supposed to switch the governor from lazy with the screen on to Wheatley when the screen is off. Tests show that it stayed in lazy all the time.

However you can do the same thing with set cpu app.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The script has been tested and it doesn't work from what I'm told. The script was supposed to switch the governor from lazy with the screen on to Wheatley when the screen is off. Tests show that it stayed in lazy all the time.

However you can do the same thing with set cpu app.

Yeah, I don't know if it really works, but my phone has been idling most of the weekend, and I lost about 20% over 18 hours...ridiculous.

So, I have a feeling the SetCPU profile is working, but I can't prove it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae