[ROM][CM9]-=NexusMV 4G[05.03]=-

junkshow

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
This is a good one!

[ROM][CM9]-=NexusMV 4G[03.01]=- | Matr1x 17.5 CFS | V6 SuperCharged | CM9-KANG-MAR.01 - xda-developers

From the XDA OP
FEATURES:
*CynogenMod 9 Goodies
*Android 4.0.3 - Ice Cream Sandwich
*Matr1x kernel - mathkid95
*V6 SuperCharger by zeppelinrox
*KickAssKernelizer by zeppelinrox
*Aggressive Ram Settings
*tweaks by brainmaster
*100% step battery
*Nexus S stock ICS bootanimation - Highres
*Latest Hosts File - AdFree
*NSTools - by arifhn
*Voodoo Control App by Supercurio

KNOWN ISSUES:
*random screen brightness (CM9 known issue)

Install instructions:

1. Reboot into clockwork recovery
2. wipe data and cache
3. format /system
4. flash ROM zip file
5. flash gaaps.zip
6. Reboot after syncing Google account for better experience
7. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: you are flashing this at your own risk. enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: lyingfromyou

dedeandmaddog

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][CM9]-=NexusMV 4G[03.01]=-

I saw the threads on this at XDA, once the dev got it working the reviews have been really good. Has anyone here flashed it and what are their thoughts, what mods does have? I am currently running CNA 1.4.0 and now the phone and sms are very laggy when I start them up. was going to flash the new CNA 1.5.0 but might go this route instead. Would love to hear what some AC NS4G people think.

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I saw the threads on this at XDA, once the dev got it working the reviews have been really good. Has anyone here flashed it and what are their thoughts, what mods does have? I am currently running CNA 1.4.0 and now the phone and sms are very laggy when I start them up. was going to flash the new CNA 1.5.0 but might go this route instead. Would love to hear what some AC NS4G people think.

CNA 1.4.0 was very buggy for me. Battery life all over the place. And a lot of forced restarts the first day I flashed. I loved all the tweaks it had available though.

Sorry, don't know anything about the from in question. I would also lime to know though.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

dedeandmaddog

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Just got done flashing it. It is smooth. But I am missing my CNA mods already. Will give report later

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I've been running it few several days. It is probably the fastest ics rom I've tried so far. Still getting 22+ hours on the battery and 4-5 hours with the screen on and phone actively in use.

dedeandmaddog

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

I've been running it few several days. It is probably the fastest ics rom I've tried so far. Still getting 22+ hours on the battery and 4-5 hours with the screen on and phone actively in use.

After half a days use, I will agree that this in incredibly fast, crisp and smooth. Dont know if that is enough to get around the lack of mods it has, at least for my tastes. Battery seems to be on par with what I was getting the CNA 1.4.0, but I think that may be attributed that to Mathkid's kernal :)

looking forward to seeing how it performs over the next couple days.

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site

How does the speed and battery of this ROM stack up to dooderbutt's latest v.7 rom

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
After half a days use, I will agree that this in incredibly fast, crisp and smooth. Dont know if that is enough to get around the lack of mods it has, at least for my tastes. Battery seems to be on par with what I was getting the CNA 1.4.0, but I think that may be attributed that to Mathkid's kernal :)

looking forward to seeing how it performs over the next couple days.

Also try the new matr1x 17.5 CM9 ramdisk optimized kernel. It can be used with any CM9 ROM.

Until v18.0 is released, here are 17.5 CM9 ramdisk versions!

CFS: https://goo.gl/04gt1

BFS: https://goo.gl/mSarU

dedeandmaddog

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

My thoughts on this rom after running it for the past 3 days: it is still incredibly smooth and fast. It seems to me that some other ICS roms I have run would tend to get a little laggy after a couple days, not with this one. Battery life with Matr1x 17.5 if phenomenal, I got 31 hours and 13% remaining this weekend. This is by far my current favorite ICS rom, I will admit, at time I miss having some of the modifications that are available with other roms, i.e. lock screen options other than just stock camera and unlock options. But I have to admit, I will gladly give that up for the way this rom runs, and would imagine that in time those modifications will be coming.

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

It should be a silly question, but does the phone work with this ROM? Every ICS ROM I've installed, two or three of them, I've had problems with the phone. It will ring once then disconnect, disconnect during calls, or the screen response is so laggy that you hit the talk button, nothing happens, so you hit it again and again, and by the time the phone does something, you're making multiple calls at once.

It don't actually use the phone often, but when I want to use the phone. It has to work. Flawlessly. Every time.

dedeandmaddog

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

I had the lag problem with CNA, but as of yet I have not noticed a lag with this ROM when opening the phone. Never had the disconnect problem.

acuda27

May 21, 2010
Visit site

Help......Stuck in boot loop after flashing this....it just shows the ATR Kernel by edoko and stays there

dedeandmaddog

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Are you not getting voicemail notifications? I would check XDA. I have seen this issue before in posts over there and I am sure someone there has a solution for you.

Last edited:

acuda27

May 21, 2010
Visit site

I get them all through google voice but it shows 1 voicemail on the notification bar with a "dial *86" under it. When I click on it I get an invalid number message. I just want to clear it because it's annoying to see it there all the time.

dedeandmaddog

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

I get them all through google voice but it shows 1 voicemail on the notification bar with a "dial *86" under it. When I click on it I get an invalid number message. I just want to clear it because it's annoying to see it there all the time.

is this something you could log into google voice on your computer and delete from there...just a thought

beedip

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Go into call settings and use the voicemail settings, change the number to your cell number. Problem solved, not sure why this happens, but thats what I do to fix it.