Transfer files without using USB

wburbage

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
About a month ago I installed the ICS leaked ROM on my wifes phone. Over the weekend the USB connection on the phone stopped working so now it won't even take a charge or allow me to transfer files between the phone and the computer. I want to bring it back to Sprint but need to reinstall the factory ROM before I do that. Is there any way to copy files over without using the USB (i.e., Kies, wifi-direct, bluetooth, etc...)?

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
About a month ago I installed the ICS leaked ROM on my wifes phone. Over the weekend the USB connection on the phone stopped working so now it won't even take a charge or allow me to transfer files between the phone and the computer. I want to bring it back to Sprint but need to reinstall the factory ROM before I do that. Is there any way to copy files over without using the USB (i.e., Kies, wifi-direct, bluetooth, etc...)?

I use Wifi File Transfer Pro. It is a paid app, but there is a free version. I believe the free version has a size limit to the transfers.

It's one of those apps, however, that I think is worth the few bucks you pay for it. I use it constantly now to transfer files back and forth.

I admit though, if you're going to transfer a few gigs of files, it could take much longer than USB transfers.

forenuser

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I am using an FTP server on my computers and the ES file explorer on my mobile devices all "connected" thru a WLAN router. Works fine here and i do not have to care about cables, USB drives or stuff like this.

derwin

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
i would try rebooting the phone into recovery, going to the advanced menu, and then seeing if the Mounts and Storage menu will let you see it as a USB drive. that way you might be able to load up a new ROM - stock or not - and possibly fix your issue.

i see a USB mass storage issue being with the ROM itself and perhaps not your hardware.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Originally Posted by wburbage

I use Wifi File Transfer Pro. It is a paid app, but there is a free version. I believe the free version has a size limit to the transfers.

It's one of those apps, however, that I think is worth the few bucks you pay for it. I use it constantly now to transfer files back and forth.

I admit though, if you're going to transfer a few gigs of files, it could take much longer than USB transfers.

Kevin,

I gave wifi file transfer a try and while it transfers files from the phone to the computer. I would find it more useful if it would go from the computer to phone as well. So before I put down the money, does the pro version do this?

If not, does anyone know of an app that does?

Tailyou

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
There are always free but helpful tutorials guiding us to transfer files from Andorid to computer without using USB cable. Just search the internet. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2