wifi tether not working on new Cyanogen roms

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Wifi tether (either the CodeGoogle app or the native tethering) does not work on the latest several Cyanogen nightlies. My computer does not see the Hotspot, or when it does it will show "limited" connection with no Internet availability.

It works fine with older Cyanogen builds. Is this a known problem with the newest nightlies?

Thanks.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
CM team moved the wifi modules to a different folder. therefore none of the custom kernels work with the newer cm9 roms. I believe that the trinity kernel is currently the only custom kernel supporting it. Otherwise you will have to use the stock kernel or wait for the kernel devs fix the issue

Then again, if this is the case your wifi shouldn't be working either.

There is a thread on xda explaining this and directions on how to fix.

Last edited:

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be 2 different issues.

I was trying to wifi tether while on the Cyan native kernel.

I tried the lib/module fix. It did fix the wifi issue with 3rd party kernels, but the tether still doesn't work. I.e., the phone does not show up as a hotspot on my computer.

I'm not sure how much incremental improvements are in the nightlies by this point anyways, so I am going to give up and just stick with older builds.

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Cyanogen download site, and found that all the pre-library move nightlies have been removed. Really lame.

Can anyone suggest a different ROM? My absolute must-haves are 1) wifi tethering, and 2) ability to adjust brightness levels in auto-bright mode.

Thanks.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I went to the Cyanogen download site, and found that all the pre-library move nightlies have been removed. Really lame.

Can anyone suggest a different ROM? My absolute must-haves are 1) wifi tethering, and 2) ability to adjust brightness levels in auto-bright mode.

Thanks.

I have the 4/19 (last one before the move). I could provide you a link to download it if you want it. It will be after work though.

Last edited:

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I have a nandroid from before the move, so I can just revert to that.

Funny, no one else has mentioned a problem with tethering.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have no ideas as I have never had the need to tether. Never even tried.

Last edited:

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I went with the latest AOKP: wifi tether works, Matr1x kernel works, everything smooth so far.

I still prefer CM's notification bar options, but the above 2 features are priorities for me. So, no more CM9.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463